Now that we have kettles on the Eclipse...

Starry Nights

Now that it is confirmed that there are kettles and tea and coffee supplies in the staterooms on the Eclipse, has anyone heard whether kettles will be added to any of the other Celebrity ships?

Were there special safety upgrades that made the kettles possibe?

If kettles are now supplied, will we now be able to bring small portable steamers? I have a tiny one that takes a cup of water and has an automatic shut-off that I love. It is very light, and breaks into parts, so it is easy to pack. It would be such a great thing to have on my next cruise on the Eclipse.

Worst comes to worst, I guess we can always use the kettle as a steamer. :p

Celebrity's website does say that clothes steamers are prohibited.

Yes, but that is from "before kettles" :). I'm just wondering if there might be some change to this policy in future, based on kettles being provided.

I know this is pure speculation at the moment, but perhaps it is something that Celebrity might consider.

What effect is this going to have on the future of room service?

They'll bring you your choice of Pot Noodle, or cup-a-soup if you prefer, but then you make it yourself, I imagine??

Just a second thought - will you still feel it appropriate to hand over a $ or two as a tip, or should the room service pay you to eat a Pot Noodle?

Yes, but that is from "before kettles" :). I'm just wondering if there might be some change to this policy in future, based on kettles being provided.

I know this is pure speculation at the moment, but perhaps it is something that Celebrity might consider.

I've never tried to make a cup of tea in a steamer (or get the wrinkles out with a kettle for that matter).;)

My serious answer would be no, I don't see this will change because of kettles for the reason that Celebrity has no control over the quality and function of such items brought on board by passengers.

Phil

I've never tried to make a cup of tea in a steamer (or get the wrinkles out with a kettle for that matter).;)

My serious answer would be no, I don't see this will change because of kettles for the reason that Celebrity has no control over the quality and function of such items brought on board by passengers.

Phil

Actually, that's a good reply, Phil. I never thought about it like that.

I'm a pretty good packer, so the wrinkles are minimal, and I'll just send the rest out to be pressed (well, those I can't steam with the kettle). :p

Archived