Who knows the lyrics to the song they sing in dining room?

mom2lillirissa

"I'm leavin' on a fun ship"....

That's all I know and I wanna post the lyrics on my facebook page to say adios as I leave on my cruise.

anyone know the next few lines?

Dont know but loved it when the waiters sang it.

The song is "Leaving On A Jet Plane." It was a hit for Peter, Paul & Mary back in the late 60's/early 70's. John Denver re-recorded it, and has probably the most popular version of the sing.

Like another poster said, just subsitute "jet plane" with "fun ship" and you'll basically have Carnival's version of the song.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/john+denver/leaving+on+a+jet+plane_20073310.html

Edit: Oops, looks like I'm a little slow in my reply, since others have already posted the info.

Edited by bigman01

It sure sounded like they were singing "leaving our fun ship" to me, especially with the context of it being the last night of the cruise. But who knows for sure, considering all the various accents of the waiters around our table LOL.

It sure sounded like they were singing "leaving our fun ship" to me, especially with the context of it being the last night of the cruise. But who knows for sure, considering all the various accents of the waiters around our table LOL.

Yeah, that makes much more sense to me too. But like you said, it's hard to understand them. I am just trying to figure out what to post on my facebook page that sounds more creative than "be back in 4 days...headed on a cruise!".

It does say "leaving our funship" I have listened to several different versions on youtube and this one is the clearest

Here are the words as I hear them:D

All your bags are packed, you're ready to go. We're standing here in front of you, we hate to see you go and say goodbye. We have done our best to serve you this cruise we have danced for you and made you smile already we're so lonesome we could cry, so wave and smile for me, tell me that you'll be back for me hold me like you'll never let me go

you're leaving our funship we want to see you back again we hate to let you go so every ship you go we think of you every song I(we) sing I(we) sing for you when you come back I(we) want to serve you again (again again again) so wave to me and smile for me tell me that you'll be back for me hold me like you'll never let me go

you're leaving our funship we want to see you back again, leaving our funship we hope to see you back again, leaving our funship we hope to see you back again.

Some of the waiters are saying I and some are saying we. Each versions is slightly different.

Edited by ILUVCRUZEN
  • Like 1

The one I found is pretty good and clear.

Here are the words as I hear them :-)

All your bags are packed, you're ready to go. We're standing here in front of you, we hate to see you go and say goodbye. We have done our best to serve you this cruise we have danced for you and made you smile already we're so lonesome we could cry, so wave and smile for me, tell me that you'll be back for me hold me like you'll never let me go

you're leaving our funship we want to see you back again we hate to let you go, so every ship you go we think of you, every song I(we) sing I(we) sing for you when you come back I(we) want to serve you again (again again again) so wave to me and smile for me tell me that you'll be back for me hold me like you'll never let me go

you're leaving our funship we want to see you back again, leaving our funship we hope to see you back again, leaving our funship we hope to see you back again.

Some of the waiters are saying I and some are saying we. Each versions is slightly different.

Edited by ILUVCRUZEN

OK, I will take a shot. You can post this (or something like it) on your face book page. I tried to do it to the tune of "Leaving on the Jetplane". It is not great, but it may work. As a big John Denver fan, I want to tell John I am deeply sorry for doing this to one of his classics.

All my bags are packed,

I’m ready to sail,

I’m standing here

Outside your door,

I hate to wake you up then leave you at home,

But I’m sailing on the Fun Ship,

The countdown clock is telling me to go.

Oh Babe, I need to Sail.

I will think of you on my balcony.

And Toast a drink as I Sail out to Sea,

I wish you were here to see the ocean blue.

Cause, I’m sailing on the Fun Ship,

Don’t know when I’ll be back again,

Oh, Babe you should have booked to go.

Oh Babe, I need to Sail.

So many times, they will take my photograph,

So many shows and bingos

I can tell you it’s going to be lots of fun.

Every port I go, I will think of you,

Every show they will sing, it will be for you,

If I come back, I’ll show you my new rings.

Now I have got to go,

Don’t cry no more.

Close your eyes,

And Think of your next cruise.

Oh Babe, I need to Sail.

• Like 1

It was a big hit for Peter' date=' Paul and Mary and was written by John Deutschendorf, who later changed his name to John Denver.[/quote']

Too bad he didn't take his own advice.

• 4 years later...
It does say "leaving our funship" I have listened to several different versions on youtube and this one is the clearest

Here are the words as I hear them:D

you're leaving our funship we want to see you back again we hate to let you go so every ship you go we think of you every song I(we) sing I(we) sing for you when you come back I(we) want to serve you again (again again again) so wave to me and smile for me tell me that you'll be back for me hold me like you'll never let me go

I don't know what it is..I've been SO hormonal lately..but this is making me all weepy.

• 8 years later...