seating at open dining

sunshine002

I have cruised many times but this time I have open dining. I am wondering do they put you at a table just for your group? Or is it done like lunch in the MDR with they will put you with other parties?

Thanks.

If you request a table for two or four they'll most likely be able to accommodate your request. The folks that are having a hard time getting promptly seated are those that are a party of eight or ten...

:)

I am not sure if I stated my question well. I will be traveling with another woman and what I like best about dining is meeting others. Therefore I would love to dine at a large table. I am not sure if I am making a mistake in taking the open dining option.

I don't want to hijack, but I have a related question... can you request a table by the window? I mean, I know you CAN, but would it do any good? :rolleyes:

Sure you can, and they will try to accomodate you if there is one available...

Yes you can request the same large table every night if there is room. Or just let them know when you check in thst you want a large table. If you want to have a different table every night, they can do thast also

They make it work for you

I am not sure if I stated my question well. I will be traveling with another woman and what I like best about dining is meeting others. Therefore I would love to dine at a large table. I am not sure if I am making a mistake in taking the open dining option.

You can certainly ask/volunteer to share a table, but keep in mind that one of the reasons that many people choose the Anytime Dining option is so that they can dine by themselves or with the group they traveled with. On our Victory cruise last month (seems so long ago), we did Anytime dining for the first time, and I don't recall a single time that people asked to be seated with another couple, and we were never asked if we wanted to be seated this way either. Doesn't mean it didn't happen... just that we never saw it. I'm thinking that others on this board who have asked to be seated with others can provide a better perspective on this.

As for a request to be seated at a window, this will in part be dependent on the ship. On the Victory, our Anytime Dining was on the upper level of the Atlantic dining room which was on the lifeboat deck. As a result, there were no windows to be seated at. This was a slight disappointment for me as I like windows, but as my wife noted, it was dark outside when we were dining anyway. Good point (as usual...)

Yes you can request the same large table every night if there is room. Or just let them know when you check in that you want a large table. If you want to have a different table every night, they can do that also

They make it work for you

I don't think the Anytime Dining option is a good way to meet people.

I thought you were talking about Open Dining at lunch and breakfast where you just sit anywhere at any table not necessarily at the table assigned for dinner.

I think that if you want to get to know some people on your cruise, you should opt for one of the traditional(early,late) dining sessions and be put at a table with others for the duration of the cruise.

When WE chose Anytime Dining it was because we often prefer a table for 2 although we'd sit with others at a table for 4 if we met congenial folks.:p:cool:

Archived