Safe Sea Lotion

rsharma1033

I posted this message on the Scuba and Snorkelling board as well, but since it's not as active as this board, I thought I'd try here as well.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased Safe Sea Lotion directly from the company's website? I sent them an email a week ago regarding some questions I had and I never heard from them. Because my trip was a few weeks out, I just went ahead and put my order in. I received a confirmation number on the website but they never sent a confirmation email. I sent another email asking them to confirm whether they got my order but no response.

I'm just wondering if its normal for them to not respond to any emails or send a confirmation or purchase email?

We used it a few years back & didn't like it at all. I don't know what's in it but it forms a layer on your skin and when you reapply it the old stuff starts to "peel" off. It was like we were a bunch of lepers with all the yucky peeling. But I guess there's a chance it works though because the one day I did get stung by a jelly fish I wasn't wearing it.

It depends on where you are going and when. We travel to Mexico frequently, spending lots of time snorkeling and in the water. Have never once been stung (do not use product).

That being said - anyone who has ever been involved in sea lice infestation will tell you that the product is a must.

If you'd like further info- visit the Trip Advisor Playa del Carmen forum - search Safe Sea or sea lice, and you'll find more info than you ever wanted to read.

I've purchased this stuff directly from the website and it came with no problem. Don't remember about confirmation emails though. Do they list a number you can call them at?

I bought it because I have been stung by jellyfish in the Gulf of Mexico, so it helped ease my fears on my last cruise. It went on and acted like normal sunscreen- a bit higher of an SPF than I usually go for, but I certainly didn't get burned or stung. Some of my family has used it as well and had no complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived