Is the pool water always cold?

rsharma1033

We'll be oboard the Freedom at the end of May and I've read some posts that say the pool water is cold. Is this always the case? I was hoping it would be warm since it's the end of May.

Are you planning on the same water being there in the end of May?

You'll be fine.

They empty the water in the pools fairly often, thus the cold water. It's salt water. If it's hot outside, the sun will heat the surface of the water some, plus, the cool water is refreshing when the tempature outside is high. In addition, the more people in the pool, the warmer the water, the less, no body heat / other "stuff" in the pool to warm it up.

Have NEVER once been in a cruise ship pool. (live in SoCal and have 3 pools and jacuzzis in my complex:rolleyes:) I have noticed many enjoying the pools, however, and none seemed to complain about the temp of the water. Most complain about how crowded it is, so I'm guessing the temp is at least tolerable.:)

On my last cruise on the Victory out of San Juan the ship channel reported that the pools were roughly 72 to 74 degrees in January. To some people that may be too cool, especialy since the water at some port stops was in the upper 70s to low 80s. To folks from the frozen north, 70-anything is about right for our favorite summer swimming holes.

I was one of the first people in the pool on embarkation day on both of our cruises last year. On the Elation out of San Diego last July, the water was freezing. On the Valor out if Miami at the end of October, the water was warm. I think at that time, so early in the cruise, the water temp is based on the ocean's temp. YMMV

The water in the pool is warm from the son, and will very some, depending on the amount of people in the pool, and their toilet habits.

.....it's warm from the "son", did you mean some little boy was peeing in the pool?

;)

wasiii

It can get warm pretty fast, just wait until 15 kids get in and pee at the same time.

Wow, that joke wasn't funny the first five times it was told in this thread.

What is it with fart and piss jokes on this board? Are folks sure you all aren't secretly 6th grade boys?

Wow, that joke wasn't funny the first five times it was told in this thread.

What is it with fart and piss jokes on this board? Are folks sure you all aren't secretly 6th grade boys?

WOW...Why so pissy?

It's a joke, if you don't like it don't read it!

What are you, the board "keep it serious" police?

Go take your Xanax.

The water in the pool is warm from the son, and will very some, depending on the amount of people in the pool, and their toilet habits.

I am sorry, but I never got past the son part instead of the sun. before I almost fell out of my chair howling with laughter..

This is supposed to be about fun.. lighten up and enjoy it.

WOW...Why so pissy?

Was that pun intended?

It's a joke, if you don't like it don't read it!

How will I know if I like it if I don't read it. You kinda need to *read* these things so you can form an opinion of them.

What are you, the board "keep it serious" police?

Go take your Xanax.

Could have something to do with the fact I don't find swimming in urine, be it my own or anyone else's, particularly hilarious.

But then again, humor is subjective. Some people like Dane Cook, others like Patton Oswalt.

Yes, swimming in other people's bodily fluids is positively hilarious. That's why we close beaches over it. It's so freakin' funny.

I think you're secretly howling with laughter.

Archived