Aft category c vs. B

TomCruises

Good morning everyone!

Generally speaking,I personally prefer an AFT balcony because of the 180 degree view,less traffic,more spacious balcony,privacy etc.But I have never done this on the PG.

Are the benefits of a B Category on the PG going to be preferable on PG?

I'm accustomed to big ship deck plans and I understand with the PG there is a dropout watersports plank just below and it appeared there was a dining verandah directly below aft deck 7.

If any one would like to share their comments and experiences,it would be appreiated.

Thank you.

I have only been in a B, not a C. But I can not think of any reason to avoid the C, except for the possibility of soot from the stack, but others have said this is not a problem (and when the ship is anchored, it swings around anyways.)

La Palette is right over you, so there might be some sounds from there at night, and La Veranda is right under you. The marine platform is down on 3, and is only open when anchored, and only during the day.

I have only been in a B, not a C. But I can not think of any reason to avoid the C, except for the possibility of soot from the stack, but others have said this is not a problem (and when the ship is anchored, it swings around anyways.)

La Palette is right over you, so there might be some sounds from there at night, and La Veranda is right under you. The marine platform is down on 3, and is only open when anchored, and only during the day.

Thanks Wendy!:)

We didn't hear anything. The Sun Deck doesn't really get used much unless there's a group on board and then they might have a cocktail party. It's a great place to walk and look at the sights, and there are a few loungers up there with some shady spots, but this is just a few people.

I believe that the sun deck was even closed for late evenings and early mornings on our cruise.

Like Wendy said, the area was not used that much with the exception of the sea days. The sea days were the only days that we had difficulty finding seating anywhere on deck... and that wasn't even all day, just portions of the day.

You will find some people out there all day long! I couldn't stay out as long as I might at home without getting burned... definitely invest in the sunscreen!

I believe that the sun deck was even closed for late evenings and early mornings on our cruise.

Like Wendy said, the area was not used that much with the exception of the sea days. The sea days were the only days that we had difficulty finding seating anywhere on deck... and that wasn't even all day, just portions of the day.

You will find some people out there all day long! I couldn't stay out as long as I might at home without getting burned... definitely invest in the sunscreen!

Tom, Which cabin did you take? An aft C or a butler forward B? I think there are great things about each and believe you won't be disappointed regardless of cabin location once you begin your 15 day visit to the beautiful islands.

I agree with Maui about the sun deck. I don't think you'll have many people out there all the time. It's not a large ship like you're used to, but the pool deck and bar is much more favoured while sailing and at anchorage. I have olive skin and spent a whole morning out on the sun deck and was thankful for my super duper high SPF and polarized lenses! Everything is painted glaring white and it was HOT!

Tom, Which cabin did you take? An aft C or a butler forward B? I think there are great things about each and believe you won't be disappointed regardless of cabin location once you begin your 15 day visit to the beautiful islands.

I agree with Maui about the sun deck. I don't think you'll have many people out there all the time. It's not a large ship like you're used to, but the pool deck and bar is much more favoured while sailing and at anchorage. I have olive skin and spent a whole morning out on the sun deck and was thankful for my super duper high SPF and polarized lenses! Everything is painted glaring white and it was HOT!

I selected Category B Forward.Generally,from my experience,Bow Staterooms can have more movement.I really don't think this will be an issue do to the location and size of the vessle.I love Aft Staterooms for their 180 degree views,however,all of the Aft Staterooms have the "split" bedding arrangement or a seam vs. a very nice queen bed.Also,it appears that there are 2 restaurants which "sandwich the Aft Staterooms.I enjoy P & Q whenever I like!Definitely bathe in sunscreen as not to look like a lobster.

I am very excited about the upcoming trip!:)

I selected Category B Forward.Generally,from my experience,Bow Staterooms can have more movement.I really don't think this will be an issue do to the location and size of the vessle.I love Aft Staterooms for their 180 degree views,however,all of the Aft Staterooms have the "split" bedding arrangement or a seam vs. a very nice queen bed.Also,it appears that there are 2 restaurants which "sandwich the Aft Staterooms.I enjoy P & Q whenever I like!

Iam very excited about the upcoming trip!:)

LOL Tom! I think we're all excited for you!

I was an aft cabin cruiser for awhile myself, but was so happy with my deck 7 forward cabin, I booked the one next door with the split beds for my upcoming voyage with my sister. You would have been happy regardless of your location, the ship is that great. You can easily get to the other decks to see your surroundings so there's not a bad bed as far as I;m concerned! The morning I woke in Huahine, I stepped out on my forward deck 7 balcony to the most beautiful anchorage I'd ever ever seen. Perhaps later, the aft part of the ship got to see that sight, but we were anchored dead into two mountain peaks just as the morning sun was hitting the side of those mountains. Stunning is the only word I can descibe. Another morning we were up early having our breakfast outside and aft, and saw dual rainbows. Had we been in our cabin, we would have missed them completely. You're in for a real treat.

LOL Tom! I think we're all excited for you!

I was an aft cabin cruiser for awhile myself, but was so happy with my deck 7 forward cabin, I booked the one next door with the split beds for my upcoming voyage with my sister. You would have been happy regardless of your location, the ship is that great. You can easily get to the other decks to see your surroundings so there's not a bad bed as far as I;m concerned! The morning I woke in Huahine, I stepped out on my forward deck 7 balcony to the most beautiful anchorage I'd ever ever seen. Perhaps later, the aft part of the ship got to see that sight, but we were anchored dead into two mountain peaks just as the morning sun was hitting the side of those mountains. Stunning is the only word I can descibe. Another morning we were up early having our breakfast outside and aft, and saw dual rainbows. Had we been in our cabin, we would have missed them completely. You're in for a real treat.

Here's one of those fabulous views!! What a way to wake up... :)

IMG_0098.jpg

Tom... you will have a full perspective if you go all the way forward on deck 8, there is a little viewing deck on the front of the ship and we were the only people there almost every time we went out! Almost your own little private deck on the front of the ship. This shot was taken from the Deck 8 Forward vantage point.

Archived