Question about how price drop credits work

I am a first time cruiser (upcoming on 06/03)...so please bear with me if this sounds ignorant.

I've checked stateroom prices on *****. Many stateroom prices have dropped. My particular category (K) is now sold out. I only get onboard credit if my particular cabin price drops correct? I have a large interior statroom, category K, but I also see that the price has dropped for category L (also a large interior stateroom category). Should/can I change my stateroom to category L, to take advantage of the rate change, or is it too late?

Thanks much.

The easy answer is yes you can change cabins and get a cheaper rate, BUT you need to contact RCCL or your T/A to make sure that you aren't losing some other discount. My last cruise I could have switched cabins for a lower price, but I would have lost a residency discount so the result would have been about $50 more for a lower cat. room.

Be careful switching to get lower rates!

I am always on the lookout for a price drop. If your category is sold out, it won't change. But you can call your TA anytime you see a drop and see if you can "upgrade" for the same $$ or drop category for some savings.

I received a price adjustment on the oasis before we left. There were none in my category available but the adjustment was available and I did not have to change my cabin. It came as an obc as it was 3 weeks before the cruise

I received a price adjustment on the oasis before we left. There were none in my category available but the adjustment was available and I did not have to change my cabin. It came as an obc as it was 3 weeks before the cruise

There had to be available cabins or there would be no reduced price to adjust.

• 2 years later...

Archived