Going to Anchorage

NMLady

Thanks for the great ideas, NM. One of my fellow cruisers sent me your list several weeks ago & it's helping me decide how to spend a few days in Anchorage when I'm between travel partners. Will have a whole day & night to myself & get to do whatever I want to do ~ life is good. Enjoy your upgrade!

Thanks for the great ideas, NM. One of my fellow cruisers sent me your list several weeks ago & it's helping me decide how to spend a few days in Anchorage when I'm between travel partners. Will have a whole day & night to myself & get to do whatever I want to do ~ life is good. Enjoy your upgrade!

Thanks. I'm glad that list of things to do in Anchorage helped you but it's not my list. It's one I copied from a poster on TripAdvisor. I don't want to take credit for something that someone else compiled. It's an exhaustive list, isn't it?

Our flight is Sunday. I can hardly believe our cruise is finally here!

Thanks. I'm glad that list of things to do in Anchorage helped you but it's not my list. It's one I copied from a poster on TripAdvisor. I don't want to take credit for something that someone else compiled. It's an exhaustive list, isn't it?

Our flight is Sunday. I can hardly believe our cruise is finally here!

Me either.Never had so much trouble with a flight.

Me either.Never had so much trouble with a flight.

I know. I am so glad I was able to get a refund from Delta after they changed our connection from Salt Lake City to Atlanta.

El Paso to Seattle via Atlanta??? I think NOT!

Did you finally get a satisfactory flight after all of your changes from Delta?

Even now with American I'm not really happy about flying east to Dallas/Ft Worth from El Paso in order to fly west to Seattle, but DFW isn't too much out of our way and it was a lot cheaper than Southwest routings. I also priced routings on other airlines through Ontario California (AK air from ONT was good price, but no airline fare to ONT was satisfactory), LAX, and Orange County. Those were all significantly more than connecting in DFW so that's what I chose. At least it is an airport that we are very familiar with.

In Seattle Sunday evening we'll have dinner with a couple from our Roll Call. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm packed and got it all into two checked bags and two carryons for the two of us, including spare shoes for each of us, hubby's tuxedo and 2 sequin tops for me to alternate for the four formal evening scheduled. Space bags (the kind you roll the air out of) really helped shrink the size of quilted flannel shirts, so that helped with space.

We weighed the bags with our luggage scale to make sure each one weighs less than 50 lbs, the airline maximum for the basic baggage charge. One bag is right at 40 lbs and the other one just over 45 lbs. Luckily Joe can heft that weight in and out of the trunk of our car. I'm ready to go!

I know. I am so glad I was able to get a refund from Delta after they changed our connection from Salt Lake City to Atlanta.

El Paso to Seattle via Atlanta??? I think NOT!

Did you finally get a satisfactory flight after all of your changes from Delta?

Even now with American I'm not really happy about flying east to Dallas/Ft Worth from El Paso in order to fly west to Seattle, but DFW isn't too much out of our way and it was a lot cheaper than Southwest routings. I also priced routings on other airlines through Ontario California (AK air from ONT was good price, but no airline fare to ONT was satisfactory), LAX, and Orange County. Those were all significantly more than connecting in DFW so that's what I chose. At least it is an airport that we are very familiar with.

In Seattle Sunday evening we'll have dinner with a couple from our Roll Call. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm packed and got it all into two checked bags and two carryons for the two of us, including spare shoes for each of us, hubby's tuxedo and 2 sequin tops for me to alternate for the four formal evening scheduled. Space bags (the kind you roll the air out of) really helped shrink the size of quilted flannel shirts, so that helped with space.

We weighed the bags with our luggage scale to make sure each one weighs less than 50 lbs, the airline maximum for the basic baggage charge. One bag is right at 40 lbs and the other one just over 45 lbs. Luckily Joe can heft that weight in and out of the trunk of our car. I'm ready to go!

We have a great flight now Fll-Atl Atl-Sea arriving Sunday June 13 @12:05pm still gives us lots of daylight to explore.The Sheraton is located in slow walking distance to Pike Market(not used to hills).We'll get some lunch and spend several hours there.Unless I find better way we will have to walk back to hotel to catch the monorail to the Space Needle.We are having dinner in the Red Lion Hotel at Elephant and Castle Pub (Irish/English)Have a coupon LOL and then bed.Depending upon what time we get picked up by HAL we might try to fit in the Duck Tour

• 2 weeks later...

NMLady is heading towards Anchorage at this very moment.Only a few more hours before The MS Amsterdam begins heading up Cook Inlet with its sites set on Anchorage.What a historic moment this will be when Amsterdam ties up to the dock in Anchorage tomorrow morning.

Archived