Is "Black & White" night a Formal Night?

Hi All,

I am busy planning my outfits for our forthcoming Baltic cruise on Azura. I was wondering if the "Black and White" night was one of the formal nights, semi-formal or smart casual nights?

If I am not mistaken I also see that there are "Hollywood and Oscars","Tropical" and I think "60's and 70's", what nights are these on?

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi All,

I am busy planning my outfits for our forthcoming Baltic cruise on Azura. I was wondering if the "Black and White" night was one of the formal nights, semi-formal or smart casual nights?

If I am not mistaken I also see that there are "Hollywood and Oscars","Tropical" and I think "60's and 70's", what nights are these on?

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi

Yes black and white night is a formal night. The others are usually held on a smart casual evening, although we haven't had a Hollywood and oscars evening on any of our cruises so far.

Debbie:)

We are also doing the Azura Baltics in May and looking forward to it ! Just wondered how you got to hear about these special nights? I have heard on a previous thread that they have a Hawaiian night on some cruises. Do you know if we will have one? Sounds like we might have to pack some extra outfits at this rate! Happy sailing.:)

As Sue says, the Black and White Formal evening is the dressiest evening of the cruise. We found that over 99% of people dress for this and the other evening which a lot of people dress for is the Tropical evening. This is a smart casual evening and people wear very colourful tops. You will find the shop on board sells lots of men's tropical shirts. I wear a vibrant pink caftan over white trousers, a pink feather flower pinned on one shoulder and you usually find there will be a Hawaiian type lei on your table at dinner.

Some people take things for the 60s/70s evening but it seems that people who go to the disco change after dinner and put their 60s gear on then.

Have a great cruise.

We are also doing the Azura Baltics in May and looking forward to it ! Just wondered how you got to hear about these special nights? I have heard on a previous thread that they have a Hawaiian night on some cruises. Do you know if we will have one? Sounds like we might have to pack some extra outfits at this rate! Happy sailing.:)

Niftyfifty, we received a personalised "Your Holiday Information" booklet with our luggage tags enclosed about a fortnight ago. Anyway, on page 39 under "Packing for your Holiday" in the paragraph headed "What to wear" reads the following "We expect the following theme nights t take place during your holiday: Tropical, Black and White, 60's and 70's, Hollywood an Oscars".

Thanks to all for your advice. I will certainly be packing my long black eveningdress with a white shawl.

Archived