11 days to go.....

mrsozzy

Just 11 days to go and counting till our cruise on IE.

Bad time to read all the reviews!!!!

Ah well, we are going to go with no expectations and have a fab time!

We are going with 2 young children and i've started the huge packing list... just a few bits left to buy!

Any helpful tips for going with children. Only our eldest will be old enough for the kids club. Not sure if he would stay anyway but we will check it out!

Sarah

Just 11 days to go and counting till our cruise on IE.

Bad time to read all the reviews!!!!

Ah well, we are going to go with no expectations and have a fab time!

We are going with 2 young children and i've started the huge packing list... just a few bits left to buy!

Any helpful tips for going with children. Only our eldest will be old enough for the kids club. Not sure if he would stay anyway but we will check it out!

Sarah

Hi Sarah

That's my philosophy, expect nothing then anything better is a big bonus.:)

Found a great dress at Asda today in black jersey check out the link.

http://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/dresses/multiway-jersey-dress/GEM38075,default,pd.html

Looks better on than on the hanger. Look at the multi-way pictures at the bottom, they all work except the short sarong way which is rubbish. I love multi-use clothes.:D

Jan

Greetings Sara,

You will have a great time :D trust me been on it so many times and each time it never fails to impress, it has a certain ambiance about the old girl.

We all know that she is getting tired but all the recreational areas are spotless the bed rooms are small but livable (can't make much mess in a small room) I have OCD it's a nightmare :eek:

When we go in 52 days time , I'm hoping some of the same crew are on board, recently had an email off one of the waiters. The crew maketh the holiday and night life is brilliant.

Terry

Hi Sarah

Found a great dress at Asda today in black jersey check out the link.

http://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/dresses/multiway-jersey-dress/GEM38075,default,pd.html

Looks better on than on the hanger. Look at the multi-way pictures at the bottom, they all work except the short sarong way which is rubbish. I love multi-use clothes.:D

Jan

Will it go with my Leather Sandals :D

9 days to go now........

and I am ignoring all news about the volcano ash cloud causing trouble again!!

bought a few more bits today. Got my son a small torch, we are in an inside cabin so i'm guessing it may be quite dark. He will love messing with that!

Thanks for your replies!

Sarah

9 days to go now........

and I am ignoring all news about the volcano ash cloud causing trouble again!!

bought a few more bits today. Got my son a small torch, we are in an inside cabin so i'm guessing it may be quite dark. He will love messing with that!

Thanks for your replies!

Sarah

Hi Mrs Mozzy

Have a lovely time.:) Poundworld have a great little keyring which is solar powered and is really bright. Kids would love that as well and no batteries.

Jan

Mrs Ozzy :D

I wanted to type Mr Sozzy :p

Anyways when you are are on board, can you find how much the Price (cover charge) for the Oasis Restaurant is this year. as normally we eat every night in there on the whole 2 weeks we are cruising ..but I have heard a rumour they have jacked the price up substantially :eek:

PS you are not under the same pressure as Berwyn to do this 10.gif

I expect you will be back on every day reminding us that you have 8 days 7 days 6 days...I am so jealous your leaving before me and I still have 50 days :(

Erm with no sun inside the inside Cabin will this still work :p

Ha, ha, ha I'm sorry cally Mrs Ozzy Mrs Mozzy.:D. I must have those pesky little biting things on my mind.

Funny thing about the key rings, we got them off a dark shelf in the shop and they were already charged up.:)

Jan

Yep,

I will be here in the morning telling you all 8 days!!!

I will check out the cover charge for the Oasis for you!!

Tell me, what do you normally wear on board at night, i know its not very formal.

Thanks

Normally wear Chino's with a Fred Perry Polo shirt or something similar, nothing posh as I tend to dribble :D

From the Amount of people posting on here about the IE .. I reckon you will have the Restaurant to your self and the pick of the sunbeds. will be interesting at the muster :eek:

And the evening shows ? you will have 8 waiters to yourself :p

Yep,

I will be here in the morning telling you all 8 days!!!

I will check out the cover charge for the Oasis for you!!

Tell me, what do you normally wear on board at night, i know its not very formal.

Thanks

Hi Mrs Ozzy (got it right at last:D)

Whatever you do don't take a meringue ball gown as some poor woman did. She looked like a young Queen Victoria going into dinner, needless to say it didn't appear again.

I did take one dress and didn't wear it, it just didn't look right. Mostly I wore long black pants with different tops but also narrow white crop pants. I was very strict for a change and stuck to black, cerise pink and white with a top of gold and neutral thrown in. That way I could change everything around and it looked like different outfits. The trouble was that my feet swell up a size and even though I took my black elastic and diamante 'hooker' gladiator sandals, lol, they were agony and I had to buy some white flat sandals in Lanzarote, so I wore mainly white pants after that. This time I've got the black Asda dress (above) and can dress it up or wear it as a skirt, I might get a maxi sundress yet as my theory is that it will do for daytime and I can be a hippy as well.:D. So smartish without being too formal and the same for men, long trousers with long or short sleeve shirts. No suits and no jeans in the evening. Start with the shoes is my advice and work your way up, I've taken lovely shoes in the past and found they don't go with anything when you get there (royal blue diamante heeled sandals springs to mind, lol). As it's going to be hotter in Turkey in June/July I've bought white linen long and crop pants (Primark). They've got some great flat sandals in there as well that you can wear as a sling-black or slip-on in gold, silver or black, hard soles, £2. You have to buy them a size bigger than usual though but they're really comfortable and look great.

I bought one of those cheap lightweight glittery silver and black scarves which dressed up the black outfits well.

At the end of the day you barely see the same people twice so you don't have to take too many clothes, same with the daytime as I found that unlike hotel and beach holidays my clothes stayed really clean.

Hope my long and boring ramble helps.:)

Jan

Still think my Sandals would look good on you :D

Weeell, they are 'hookers' shoes, lol. :D In my defence mine were meant for under black pants but, the perils of having glass or two of wine in the cabin, your self-image is that of a super model, ha,ha,ha.:D:D Never mind though no one notices as they've all been drinking their way through the AI cocktail list. BUT maybe no longer:eek::eek:. The following morning reality kicks in and off to breakfast in disguise, super model has gone like Cinderella and Mrs Ordinary is back, lol.

Jan

Next Morning........... yeah been there done that :D

I'm always the 1st up on the deck watching the Ship come in to port, with a cuppa in my hand (plus camera) conversation alway go..good night last night wasnt it :o I think so :D

Next Morning........... yeah been there done that :D

I'm always the 1st up on the deck watching the Ship come in to port, with a cuppa in my hand (plus camera) conversation alway go..good night last night wasnt it :o I think so :D

Ha,ha,ha. Post 16, Berwyns, Thomson, that's all I'm saying.:D:D:D

Jan

We will probably be up on board when geting into port as we have a one year old who thinks it's time to get up at 6am!

This time next week we will be flying!!!

Better get packing!!

Sarah

Greetings :D

Next year we will have our granddaughter with us.. a few strongbows will help her sleep :D

The time will soon fly until next week, where you flying from? hope it doesnt hurt the arms to much :eek:;)

Already started to accumulate things for the Holiday..new Camera, leather sandals, tee shirts, shorts etc etc her in doors says were what you wore last year.. yeah right :p

Ha, ha, ha I'm sorry cally Mrs Ozzy Mrs Mozzy.:D. I must have those pesky little biting things on my mind.

Funny thing about the key rings, we got them off a dark shelf in the shop and they were already charged up.:)

Jan

Just realised you mentiond my daughter in there :eek:

Cally

Little.. she is 25 and a Qualified architect :eek:

You made assumptions there!!:eek::eek:. Does she know about the leather sandals?

I see the airports are all open again, says she changing the subject. :)

Jan

Archived