Port or Starboard

TomCruises

On the PG it is not necessary to take sanctuary in your stateroom in order to avoid the crowds. You will most likely spend more time on deck, taking in 360 degree views.

We have never paid any attention to Port vs Starboard.

I haven't done the Fiji itinerary, so I can't comment except to say that if you enjoy sitting out on your balcony and relaxing, take note of the direction the ship will be going mainly, and then think about sun and shade. On our Marquesas route we were starboard and were lucky enough to be in the shade much of the time, which was a bonus--the sun is very hot and the weather generally humid so a shady balcony is a good balcony!

So perhaps eastbound means port for maximum shade, but you'd have to look closely at the route.

As MtDriver says, there are no crowds, and it's wonderful to be out on deck getting the full impact of the environment for the most part.

Beg to differ AnglerGirl! Here is one cruiser who looks forward to breakfast en suite, in bed or on the balcony, and my afternoon nap - a must after being in the sea and sun! After a refreshing nap, afternoon canapes and afternoon tea before dressing for dinner..........so you see, we are all different in our use of the cabin...... ;)

Beg to differ AnglerGirl! Here is one cruiser who looks forward to breakfast en suite, in bed or on the balcony, and my afternoon nap - a must after being in the sea and sun! After a refreshing nap, afternoon canapes and afternoon tea before dressing for dinner..........so you see, we are all different in our use of the cabin...... ;)

Haha! All of these things can certaibly be done while in a port or a starboard veranda cabin.

I admit to having delicious coffee delivered each morning as a wake up call instead of a travel alarm! Oh and a side of blueberry pancakes just to get me going!

I wonder what cabin Tom finally chose. He wanted an aft cabin, but did he go port or starboard? ..........Tom.........?

Haha! All of these things can certaibly be done while in a port or a starboard veranda cabin.

I admit to having delicious coffee delivered each morning as a wake up call instead of a travel alarm! Oh and a side of blueberry pancakes just to get me going!

I wonder what cabin Tom finally chose. He wanted an aft cabin, but did he go port or starboard? ..........Tom.........?

I went Starboard!

Archived