hello...looking for a Dawn review

jdarch

Come on people....I know there is someone out there who just got back from Bermuda and the Dawn:eek: I'm getting way too excited to have to ask for details...Please help me....how was your cruise??? How was Bermuda??? How was the Dawn???

Heelfan94 is right...thanks guys...Yeah, trust me, I know how to look things up on here...I'm addicted to this website..I need NEW information..I'm really counting down the days.:D Sometimes noone comes on after their cruise on Sunday or Monday and lets us know how the cruise was. It makes me come on here and beg for information:eek: thanks for trying to help...

At least there was some good information given on the thread you started on April 25th with the same topic --- I've got a subscription to that thread as we're getting ready for our first trip to Bermuda next month.

But it would be nice to see some in depth reviews.

Was glad to see Bernie Martini is still on the Dawn :cool:. Sorry to see that Bollywood and other production shows are the same as last fall, but it will give me a chance to skip those and see more of the other entertainers I did like and get to see those that I missed last time :cool:.

Come on people....I know there is someone out there who just got back from Bermuda and the Dawn:eek: I'm getting way too excited to have to ask for details...Please help me....how was your cruise??? How was Bermuda??? How was the Dawn???

What do you want to know? I plan on doing a full review but am glad to answer questions.

Nanagirl, I would like to know what time you were able to get off the ship on Wednesday in Bermuda? We are trying to decide if we should go to St.George and wonder if we will be able to purchase the bus and ferry pass and make the 9:15 ferry to St. George. We would appreciate any information you have on your days in Bermuda - what worked well for you and what you might have done differently. Thanks!

I was on the april 18th sailing and I do believe you will be able to make the 915 ferry. We took our time getting off the ship and took the next one over, but just get up early to eat because the buffet/mdr were very busy early, and then get in line to be one of the first to get off the ship.

Nanagirl, I would like to know what time you were able to get off the ship on Wednesday in Bermuda? We are trying to decide if we should go to St.George and wonder if we will be able to purchase the bus and ferry pass and make the 9:15 ferry to St. George. We would appreciate any information you have on your days in Bermuda - what worked well for you and what you might have done differently. Thanks!

That will depend on the seas and your arrival time. You should be able to make the 9:15, there is a large glass enclosed bldg in the middle of the walkway past the pier where you can purchase your tickets pretty quickly. St George isn't going to take you long to see, unless you're going there to the beach. We walked uphill to St Catherines, then around the island to Alexander Battery, then back to town for lunch. I wasn't overwhelmed with shopping there unless you plan to purchase lladro. Best prices in St George. We took the bus back the entire way and really enjoyed the trip. You get a great feel for the place on the bus, and the views are good as well.

Hamilton is the place to shop. This is our 3rd visit to Bermuda, and being early in the year, we opted not to do much water oriented stuff...too cold. Plus, we've done that. We chose to spend one day in each major area, and loved that approach. The last being the Dockyard, no worries making the boat!

We were not as impressed with the ship this time. We stay in a suite with butler and concierge service, but in an AC. Might as well not exist. Although we really like Anshuman, the concierge. The suite perks have disappeared. No pillow menu, no free water and soda, the same menu in Cagney's every day. That said, we had a great time. We had bar setups ordered in our room and spent a lot of time in the spa. We ate in a few specialty restaurants and Aqua, all good. Aqua's menu got boring for everyday. Didn't do any activities on board. Any other questions let me know and have a great cruise.

We were not as impressed with the ship this time. We stay in a suite with butler and concierge service, but in an AC. Might as well not exist. Although we really like Anshuman, the concierge. The suite perks have disappeared. No pillow menu, no free water and soda, the same menu in Cagney's every day.

Can I ask what AC you were in, I sail on sunday in an AC. Did you still get the 1 bottle of wine, water and daily snacks? Thanks!

Hi Nana - I don't recall ever getting free soda in our suites. Usually 1 bottle of water and 1 bottle of wine upon embarkation but no soda. You mention you were in an AC - can you elaborate a little on your comment "might as well not exist?" Did you feel that the level of service you received in the AC was less than you experienced before when you sailed in a suite?

We've been lucky to always have great butler/concierge teams when we sail and have stayed in AD, AB, A3 and A4 suites...

Thank you, Nanagirl and Cruisinreunion! We were in Bermuda once before about thirty years ago so we are trying to fit a lot in. Nanagirl, did you find that you needed a full day to visit the Dockyard area? Also did you book the spa for the week and can you look out at the ocean from the spa lounge chairs? Are any of the lounges in the spa co-ed? I enjoyed reading about your days in Bermuda!Thanks for info

Hi...did the spa package with my dh last year..loved it. Yes, the lounge chairs look out the back of the ship. So, you lounge, drink tea or juice, eat cookies and watch the wake from your lounge chair. Yes, the lounge area is co-ed. My husband and I read and relaxed there a few times. I also like the one jaccuzi that has wooden slats under the water so you can recline and relax.:D I also used the lap pool. Have fun

St George isn't going to take you long to see, unless you're going there to the beach.

We found it the opposite. Our energy ran out before we saw everything we wanted to explore in St. George, and Hamilton was pretty quick for us!

St. George is very historic and has some lovely museums, and as it was our first time we wanted to see the wench dunking. I would say we were there around 6-7 hours including a short trip to Tobacco Bay (we didn't stay long). And we didn't see everything!! Around an hour of that was spent having a conversation about Bermuda with a couple of local artists.

As with everything else...your mileage may vary. :)

We found it the opposite. Our energy ran out before we saw everything we wanted to explore in St. George, and Hamilton was pretty quick for us!

St. George is very historic and has some lovely museums, and as it was our first time we wanted to see the wench dunking. I would say we were there around 6-7 hours including a short trip to Tobacco Bay (we didn't stay long). And we didn't see everything!! Around an hour of that was spent having a conversation about Bermuda with a couple of local artists.

As with everything else...your mileage may vary. :)

I have to agree with you. There is so much to see in St. George. Everytime I go back I check off something else on my list. I STILL have not seen everything I want to see in St. George. Just not enough time!

We were not as impressed with the ship this time. We stay in a suite with butler and concierge service, but in an AC. Might as well not exist. Although we really like Anshuman, the concierge. The suite perks have disappeared. No pillow menu, no free water and soda, the same menu in Cagney's every day.

Can I ask what AC you were in, I sail on sunday in an AC. Did you still get the 1 bottle of wine, water and daily snacks? Thanks!

Yes, we had a bottle of bubbly upon arrival. No free water. A different 'snack' every day. Two were more of a dessert, and they arrive at cocktail hour. However, they were free.

Hi Nana - I don't recall ever getting free soda in our suites. Usually 1 bottle of water and 1 bottle of wine upon embarkation but no soda. You mention you were in an AC - can you elaborate a little on your comment "might as well not exist?" Did you feel that the level of service you received in the AC was less than you experienced before when you sailed in a suite?

We've been lucky to always have great butler/concierge teams when we sail and have stayed in AD, AB, A3 and A4 suites...

We were in 10002. We've sailed AC and AA before. This time our butler, Ravi, seemed so busy we hated to ask for anything. Several times we waited for ice for our cocktails so long we had to call again. We almost never saw our room stewards. The cabin was shabby. When we boarded, there was an obviously used glass with a cover on it as though it were clean, it had lquid in it! I don't know if the staff has more cabins now, but we didn't feel as well taken care of as we have on past cruises. I don't fault Ravi, I think they are stretched too far and the AA's get more attention, as they should.

We were in 10002. We've sailed AC and AA before. This time our butler, Ravi, seemed so busy we hated to ask for anything. Several times we waited for ice for our cocktails so long we had to call again. We almost never saw our room stewards. The cabin was shabby. When we boarded, there was an obviously used glass with a cover on it as though it were clean, it had lquid in it! I don't know if the staff has more cabins now, but we didn't feel as well taken care of as we have on past cruises. I don't fault Ravi, I think they are stretched too far and the AA's get more attention, as they should.

The cabin was shabby? Eeek. :( I would have thought the suites would get extra attention in their preparation. Did you say anything about the glass?

Thank you, Nanagirl and Cruisinreunion! We were in Bermuda once before about thirty years ago so we are trying to fit a lot in. Nanagirl, did you find that you needed a full day to visit the Dockyard area? Also did you book the spa for the week and can you look out at the ocean from the spa lounge chairs? Are any of the lounges in the spa co-ed? I enjoyed reading about your days in Bermuda!Thanks for info

I don't think you need a full day in the Dockyard, but you could probably spend a full day.

We booked the spa for the week and loved it. Yes, you can see the sea from the chairs. There are seperate lounges for men and women as well as a combined area. However, no one seemed to pay heed to that. There were men and women in all areas.

The cabin was shabby? Eeek. :( I would have thought the suites would get extra attention in their preparation. Did you say anything about the glass?

Yes, we pointed it out to Ravi, who brushed it off.

Archived