Is there a policy that covers cancellation for law enforcement?

Dani24

I could swear that within the last 5 years I had seen some policies that covered trip cancellation/interruption for law enforcement professionals who were forced to work, or had received a subpoena for a date during their trip. Looking around now, I don't seem to see that anymore. I know policies change over time, but does anyone else know if there are any with such language (or even recall seeing such language before, so I know I'm not just imagining things!)

I could swear that within the last 5 years I had seen some policies that covered trip cancellation/interruption for law enforcement professionals who were forced to work, or had received a subpoena for a date during their trip. Looking around now, I don't seem to see that anymore. I know policies change over time, but does anyone else know if there are any with such language (or even recall seeing such language before, so I know I'm not just imagining things!)

I think you're mis-remembering the subpoena coverage. Every plan I can remember has been worded similar to this which is from the TravelSafe list of covered reasons for trip cancellation:

"a) You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury (notice of jury duty must be received after Your Effective Date) served with a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party (except law enforcement officers);"

However, this same plan has the following covered reason and I don't see why it wouldn't apply to you. I'd call them just to make sure:

p) You or Your Traveling Companion are required to work during the Trip. A written statement by a company officer and/or the Human Resources department demonstrating revocation of previously approved time off will be required"

• 3 weeks later...

You might checkout the IMG Patriot Policies. ken

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Try www.TripInsuranceStore.com or 1-888-407-3854. Calling might be better as they will be able to check policies that might not be on the web site.

Archived