Is the booking fee refundable?

I am very confused about this. I have heard in this board that the $500 I paid to book my cabin on a 7-day is refundable if you cancel your reservation before something like 90 days before boarding. When I was booking (through RCI) I am pretty sure I read that it would not be refunded even before those 90 days.

If someone can link me to any official documentation, that would be best!

I am very confused about this. I have heard in this board that the $500 I paid to book my cabin on a 7-day is refundable if you cancel your reservation before something like 90 days before boarding. When I was booking (through RCI) I am pretty sure I read that it would not be refunded even before those 90 days.

If someone can link me to any official documentation, that would be best!

If you cancel prior to final payment, you will get your full deposit refunded.

Taken from the RCI website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000bnQ22sg2RMxkbbZIYY4k_8Y:12hbioan0?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

Thank you! I can send this to my friend and he will be more confident to book for December. He was concerned it was too soon to know for sure if he could make it.

RCI should review the wording of the cancellation policy on their website at the time of booking because it did not read as easy as that when I booked and I also didn't book earlier because I hadn't gotten my vacation time approved. It's a sale RCI could have lost easily.

Just a friendly correction because words MEAN things.

It is a $500 Deposit - NOT a "Booking Fee". Deposits are just that, a "holding amount to go towards payment when commited".

Booking Fees probably would NOT be refunded.

Hope This Helps.

Thank you! I can send this to my friend and he will be more confident to book for December. He was concerned it was too soon to know for sure if he could make it.

RCI should review the wording of the cancellation policy on their website at the time of booking because it did not read as easy as that when I booked and I also didn't book earlier because I hadn't gotten my vacation time approved. It's a sale RCI could have lost easily.

You are more than welcome, glad I could find the info for you.:)

That strikes me funny about the UK Rule.

Here in Spain RCCL deposits are refundable up until final payment.

I think the UK rules stem from the days when you folks booked your holidays years in advance and the operators needed more control over whether the booking was serious.

I remember a few years ago I spent the month of August in London -- I went into a travel agency and started looking at the brochures because I wanted to book a trip for bank holiday weekend.

The agent told me that all of the brochures were for the next summer, that everything for the current summer had been booked a year prior.

Don't know if she was joking with me, but my impression was that the Brits do plan things very much in advance, while the Spaniards do not.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I think it must be mostly true. My Mom is from England and all her family still lives over there. As I understand it, the UK gives their employees a lot more vacation time than most American companies and it's usually at least a few weeks at a time instead of one. My Aunt and Uncle "go on holiday" at least a few times a year for a few weeks at a time and I know they book their vacations well in advance, so I'm sure booking a year or so in advance is pretty likely.

Archived