RCCL Freedom Class Best Balcony Locations?

BrettG

I'm looking to book a cruise on the Liberty OTS sometime this week for W. Carib. I've seen the threads about the Rooms Not to Book and Rooms To Book, but I haven't been able to find some of the rooms on any thread in this forum (used search extensively). So I'm asking about large chunks of rooms or room locations in general instead of individual rooms to hopefully hit all of the ones available without pidgeon-holing myself into a specific room query.

Below I am putting larger chunks of rooms that are currently in question for picking, but if you have any general suggestions, please leave them as well.

Also, for Deck choices in general, are any better than others? Higher > Lower usually? Stay off decks that have Royal Promenade? If you have rooms above, below and across the hall, are these generally going to be quiet?

Currently looking at E2 and E1 cabins on Deck 6 and Deck 8 ( 8 for E1 only). E1 is a tad more expensive, so I'd prefer E2 unless there's a reason E1 would be better. Current openings are:

Port (left side if looking at deck charts, I ~think~) Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Deck 6: 6560-6584 These are port side Balconies (E2) usually with a interior stateroom across the hall. Also has the Royal Promenade inner of those staterooms and some have white empty spaces near them that I would think would be galleys and service elevators?

Deck 6 : Same as above, just 62** so on opposite side of the ship.

Deck 6: (E1) Same area as above, just a few rooms with adjoining rooms. Does this matter? Does the door to the next room bleed more sound than a wall?

Deck 8: (E1) Same as 2 above, closer to hump. Does hump make much difference in location?

Others are Deck 8 E1, same locations as above. 8270's and 80s as well as 85** across the ship. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Middle hump balcony on the Freedom class ship..we had #9638 on the INDY and the balcony next door to us #9640 & 9642 had the same exact view we had just a smaller balcony..Of course the starboard side would be the same..This was a great location...;)..Good luck !!

Just an opinion...avoid cabins with connecting doors if at all possible....and the more midship the better...

About to book. Had one more quick question. Right now I am slated for a mid or slightly forward balcony on deck 6. Would it be worth it for view and value of location to pay $30pp more to get a deck 8 cabin of same quality? Possibly a little closer to the hump (but not on it). Or is there so little or no difference to matter? Thanks.

The hump cabins rock but they are the same size as the others they are just pushed out more because of the elevators in that section of the ship.

CB at sea, Voyager class ships do have obstructed views on the back of the ship. The balconies are bigger but are framed. dsc00080.jpg

Archived