Rome - HAL 3 day Pre Cruise Tour??

OldMacGuy

We are considering a HAL Oct/Nov Trans Atlantic cruise from Rome.

On previous cruises we have not taken a pre or post cruise land tour sponsored by the Cruise line.

We would like to see Rome before our Cruise and as first timers there, we are considering the HAL 3 night Rome/Vatican/Tivoli pre-Cruise Tour.

(1) Can anyone offer specific information/review of this Tour?

(2) Any suggestions, reviews or comments on Rome Tours and/or HAL pre or post tour packages.

Thanks

All I can say is that you are SURE to pay more for this tour than if you just book your airfare to arrive three days beforehand, book your own hotel, and see Rome on your own. Given the amount if time, that should be easy to do as the majority of the sites are within walking/metro/bus distance of one another. There is tons of information on these boards about what to see and how to get there. You could probably also get an outstanding hotel by booking on your own.

OTOH if you prefer having it all laid out for you and don't mind the extra expense, a tour may be the way to go. Either way, I highly encourage you to spend the time in magnificent Rome!

Cathy

We are leaving on the noordam on 10/18 and would also like to arrive in Rome 2-3 days earlier.

Please let me know how you make out.

It's alot of information to digest and plan.

We live in St Pete Fl

Archived