Carnival policy - price drop after final payment?

yeah, know, I was interested in that too. I had asked my guy a few days ago about it, and he said Carnival doesnt do it...I have only gotten an obc with RCI, but out of all my cruises, thats the only time Ive had a drop. So, I dont know if he was correct or not, just what he said.

Early Saver is the only rate that does price drops after final payment, and they come in the form of OBC.

Other rates you might find someone willing to give you an upgrade to a better cabin but no, you will get no $$$.

I was gonna come back and say there is another post talking about price drops, so I guess it is for some bookings. My initial booking took me from deck 6 to deck 11, so he said they would not do a price adjiustment. I did miss getting an extra $100pp off by a couple of hours...I wasnt very happy..but bit the bullet and booked anyway!

Early Saver is the only rate that does price drops after final payment, and they come in the form of OBC.

Other rates you might find someone willing to give you an upgrade to a better cabin but no, you will get no $$$.

So I have only a few more weeks for a price drop. I dont want to give up my cove balcony unless I get one heck of an upsell offer.;)

I was gonna come back and say there is another post talking about price drops, so I guess it is for some bookings. My initial booking took me from deck 6 to deck 11, so he said they would not do a price adjiustment. I did miss getting an extra $100pp off by a couple of hours...I wasnt very happy..but bit the bullet and booked anyway!

Arent you on the Crazies Too date, Sept 26th?? Im sorry you just missed out on the early saver price and any chance of last minute price drops.

I booked late on the cruise leaving this Saturday, but looks like I dont have to worry about last minute price drops as its been showing sold out since last Saturday. TA sites flashing SOLD OUT, my PVP etc says sold out. Im wondering how the price of 3 categories went up since its been sold out. Saw late yesterday the price went up ... shakes head at Carnival's rationale. ..I guess someone will say supply and demand.. but there is no supply if its sold out.

yeah, know, I was interested in that too. I had asked my guy a few days ago about it, and he said Carnival doesnt do it...I have only gotten an obc with RCI, but out of all my cruises, thats the only time Ive had a drop. So, I dont know if he was correct or not, just what he said.

If you book Early Saver (with it's limitations) you can get price drops up to two business days before sailing. If you book Past Guest, 55+, Resident or Military you get price drops up to Final Payment Deadline; thereafter if your fare drops you can generally get an upgrade (ONLY) if available. This Policy has been in effect since last December.

ken

Edited by Ken076

If you book Early Saver (with it's limitations) you can get price drops up to two business days before sailing. If you book Past Guest, 55+, Resident or Military you get price drops up to Final Payment Deadline; thereafter if your fare drops you can generally get an upgrade (ONLY) if available. This Policy has been in effect since last December.

ken

My time flies when you are cruising huh?? Its now been since Dec 08, the Dec before last Dec. ..i know you know that though. Just teasing.

My final payment is due on May 31st. What is Carnivals policy on a price drop after final payment? I booked with a past guest rate if that makes a difference in the reply.

Be sure to be booked Early Saver in order to get any protection.

I still am not fully aware how it works, but get with your PVP and make sure they have you set for your best interest and that you fully understand what it involves

The PVP who booked my cruise later this month had me go Military and never made mention of ES. I paid in full March 25th and now the price dropped over $365pp and I am screwed.

So do your due diligence and hopefully you will save some bucks

• 6 years later...

ken

We are booked for an ocean suite on Carnival Vista 4/22 and we have only put down our deposit. We did book under early saver. This is our second cruise, but I still have NO idea where to keep an eye out for the price drop....I feel like the only one that doesn't understand "how any of this works"! Haha. We are traveling with Carnival again with our elderly parents. Can you please steer me in the right direction? Your response seems to be the closest to our situation! Thank you!

:rolleyes:

We are booked for an ocean suite on Carnival Vista 4/22 and we have only put down our deposit. We did book under early saver. This is our second cruise, but I still have NO idea where to keep an eye out for the price drop....I feel like the only one that doesn't understand "how any of this works"! Haha. We are traveling with Carnival again with our elderly parents. Can you please steer me in the right direction? Your response seems to be the closest to our situation! Thank you!

The response is also 6 years old.

You can look for price drops by doing a mock booking or by checking fareviewer. https://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Suites don't often drop in price but it doesn't hurt to check anyway.

Do a mock booking