Misty Fjords & Tracy Arm

mll1013

For those of you who have experienced both Misty Fjords and Tracy Arm, are there points of comparison/contrast you can make between these two scenic options? Which did you prefer? I'm sure both have their different appeal and charm. I'm really just curious about how different they are, and what the differences may be between the two.

Tracy Arm, IF going with a boat tour, offers more wildlife potential and gets a glacier viewing. It's a single narrow 30 mile dead end.

Misty Fiords, is all green, and my preference is definately from the air, superior for getting farther and seeing more. It's a large varied area, with alpine lakes and numerous bays.

I agree with Budget Queen. We took the Misty Fjord excursion by boat, as we had too many people for air option, and had a great trip with great scenery. But you will read over and over again on here that going by air is the best experience.

Our Tracy Arm excursion with Adventure Bound was my favorite excursion on our B2B last summer. The ice bergs were unbelievable with the waterfalls, wildlife and scenery being the icing on the cake. Adventure Bound is a 9 hour tour but I would do it again in a heart beat. :)

The only similarity is that they are both in Alaska. Tracy Arm was a wonderful day at sea. We had a balcony cabin so we ordered a fabulous champagne brunch and we could view the scenery sipping on Mimosas. There is a tremendous amount of wildlife to see as well as streams and icebergs. Hopefully you will get close enough to see the glacier itself.

If you could swing it I could recommend flight-seeing for Misty. We used Michelle from Island Wings for both of our trips. One year is was very sunny and the next year it was the traditional "misty".

You will enjoy the natural wonder of both locals.

The only similarity is that they are both in Alaska. Tracy Arm was a wonderful day at sea. We had a balcony cabin so we ordered a fabulous champagne brunch and we could view the scenery sipping on Mimosas. There is a tremendous amount of wildlife to see as well as streams and icebergs. Hopefully you will get close enough to see the glacier itself.

If you could swing it I could recommend flight-seeing for Misty. We used Michelle from Island Wings for both of our trips. One year is was very sunny and the next year it was the traditional "misty".

You will enjoy the natural wonder of both locals.

Most people competely miss a lot in Tracy Arm with a cruiseship, and probably only about 25% of the sailings get within sight of the glaciers. AND this means even the distant views, way off. It is grossly superior to do Tracy Arm via a boat tour, either one of the add ons now available with NCL and Princess, or the round trip tours out of Juneau- IF you have 12 hours in port.

Most people competely miss a lot in Tracy Arm with a cruiseship, and probably only about 25% of the sailings get within sight of the glaciers. AND this means even the distant views, way off. It is grossly superior to do Tracy Arm via a boat tour, either one of the add ons now available with NCL and Princess, or the round trip tours out of Juneau- IF you have 12 hours in port.

Carnival now has the add-on boat tour in Tracey Arm also. I am very glad as we do not have a long day in Juneau. It is available on the main excursion page, not bookable online as the other excursions are. You have to e-mail a request.

Archived