Welcome back gifts

3418ahl

It's under Le Club Voyage/Membership Benefits, for those at Explorer and Discoverer levels. "Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage."

I'm not sure if Jade13 qualified though, because your credits are based on past cruises, as opposed to taking into account the current cruise ... and it sounds like Jade13 had not reached the appropriate level beforehand ... at least that's the way I've understood her posts.

We reached the second tier on our cruise and have another one booked. Our account is all updated. Based on the web site, we should be receiving a welcome back gift since we reached Explorer on Azamara.

"Explorer: 5 - 9 Credits

• Includes all the benefits of the Adventurer level

• A bottle of champagne on arrival, compliments of the Captain

Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

• Private and exclusive cocktail party with Senior Officers and staff

• One complimentary bag of laundry wash, dry, and press per week

• 150 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage

• Exclusive club specialty coffee and tea tasting

Discoverer: 10+ Credits

• Includes all the benefits of the Adventurer and Explorer levels

• Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

• Champagne brunch with our Senior Officers

• 237 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage

• Complimentary wine tasting

• Savings on select onboard purchases"

Hey, wait a minute. They just changed the internet benefit. I recall it was 10, 20, or 30 minutes PER DAY. Now it is a max and does not seem to matter the length of your cruise.

When was this change made?

Explorer: 5+ Credits

Hey, wait a minute. They just changed the internet benefit. I recall it was 10, 20, or 30 minutes PER DAY. Now it is a max and does not seem to matter the length of your cruise.

When was this change made?

Explorer: 5+ Credits

Hi Jade,

You are right in that the benefits did originally state 30 mins per day for a discoverer level. However, when we sailed on our 24 night Singapore to Athens we received only 237 mins each and i queried this at the time with the internet room and needless to say i received a blank look. As it was we had enough minutes but this is another example of the left not knowing what the right is doing. A similar situation existed for the free laundry. It states 1 free bag per week, so myself and my wife should have received 3 free bags each as we are both discoverer level but we only received a total of 3 coupons. i assume the free laundry is on a member basis similar to the internet free minutes? Any views?

Hi Jade,

You are right in that the benefits did originally state 30 mins per day for a discoverer level. However, when we sailed on our 24 night Singapore to Athens we received only 237 mins each and i queried this at the time with the internet room and needless to say i received a blank look. As it was we had enough minutes but this is another example of the left not knowing what the right is doing. A similar situation existed for the free laundry. It states 1 free bag per week, so myself and my wife should have received 3 free bags each as we are both discoverer level but we only received a total of 3 coupons. i assume the free laundry is on a member basis similar to the internet free minutes? Any views?

It has to be per person. Otherwise it makes no sense. What if it is two friends traveling in the same stateroom (or even mother and daughter) and not partners or spouses, and definitely two individuals who are not sharing a computer?

Did you receive one bottle of champagne or two?

Being new benefits it was all extras so maybe you did not want to argue, BUT with the price increases and benefits used as an attraction, I am sorry but two people in a stateroom should not have to share a laundry bag.

There is no reason whatsoever that Azamara should have implemented an internet benefit and than taken it away within a month. That is just dumb planning. They knew ahead of time the number of repeat passengers etc. and could have calculated the numbers. I am not as concerned as others about a web site and pricing not moving on a daily basis but this one bothers me. if you are going to implement a past passenger program think it out before rolling it out on your web site.

It has to be per person. Otherwise it makes no sense. What if it is two friends traveling in the same stateroom (or even mother and daughter) and not partners or spouses, and definitely two individuals who are not sharing a computer?

Did you receive one bottle of champagne or two?

Being new benefits it was all extras so maybe you did not want to argue, BUT with the price increases and benefits used as an attraction, I am sorry but two people in a stateroom should not have to share a laundry bag.

There is no reason whatsoever that Azamara should have implemented an internet benefit and than taken it away within a month. That is just dumb planning. They knew ahead of time the number of repeat passengers etc. and could have calculated the numbers. I am not as concerned as others about a web site and pricing not moving on a daily basis but this one bothers me. if you are going to implement a past passenger program think it out before rolling it out on your web site.

Hi Jade,

We received only 1 Bottle of Sparkling Wine and not Champagne (as per benefits package). The internet vouchers were per person (but not 30 mins perday). We received one laundry voucher each on arrival and then only one extra one between us part way through the second week. (this was a 24 night cruise)

We reached the second tier on our cruise and have another one booked.

I don't think you can advance a tier during a cruise, it is after the cruise that you are given the points and if that moves you up a tier, you would get those benefits on your next cruise, not on the current one. Future bookings don't give you points either; again it's once you've taken the cruise that points are awarded.

So, if you didn't already have Explorer level prior to your last cruise, but earned enough points during it to advance to that level, you will be considered Explorer on the next cruise that you take with them.

Archived