Welcome back gifts

3418ahl

Just curious...we will be sailing Azamara (discoverer level) and I was wondering what the "welcome back gifts" that are mailed after your cruise are like???

Just curious...we will be sailing Azamara (discoverer level) and I was wondering what the "welcome back gifts" that are mailed after your cruise are like???

I would love to be able to tell you however we have not as yet recieved ours and our cruise on the Journey ended April 11th.

We're Azamara newbies so we're not eligible for Welcome Home gifts. But we've always received Welcome Home e-mails from our previous cruises on HAL and Oceania. Does Azamara typically do that as well? No biggie but nice to receive.

Does this mean that if we moved to the second Tier after our February cruise that we will not get a gift?

That's the way I understood it ... i.e. if you are Explorer level prior to your Feb. cruise, you would qualify for those benefits listed. If you reach it after your cruise, then you will qualify on the following cruise.

I understand at the Discovoer Level you get an autographed picture of Gopher, Capt. steubing and Larry Pimental

;);)

That's the way I understood it ... i.e. if you are Explorer level prior to your Feb. cruise, you would qualify for those benefits listed. If you reach it after your cruise, then you will qualify on the following cruise.

But I reached the level while on the cruise and than went on a Celebrity cruise.

I understand at the Discovoer Level you get an autographed picture of Gopher, Capt. steubing and Larry Pimental

;);)

Hi SFL !

SAY WHAT ???? :)

As much as I respect Mr Pimentel, Why isnt Cruise Director Julie McCoy part of the package ? :)

HI ANDY

BecaUSE i FORGOT HER(LAUREN TEWES) AND NOW I MUST ADD

ISSAC THE BARTENDER AND DOC(BERNIE KOPPEL) A FUGITIVE FROM GET SMART!!!.. nOW I KNOW WHY i ONLY WON A "sILVER aNCHOR" FOR TRIVIA ON MY LAST RCCL CRUISE

:D

I got a brochure after I sailed even though I had requested it for months prior to my cruise. It's almost a month since I disembarked on April 11th. I tried emailing Azamara concerning my last cruise. Their email link doesn't work and the Capatins Club ignores emails. Phoning is always a waste of time. And you still think that there will be a welcome home gift. Well, it's probably on one of those missing shuttle buses. Don't be too upset if it doesn't arrive. If it took almost 4 months to get a brochure, I can't begin to imagine when or if the gift will arrive. I would probably get better results if I bought a lottery ticket. Chances of winning are probably better than getting your gift. And, I'll be pleasantly shocked if it's really nice. Azamara is still making it up as they go....and as time goes by, so will their ship sail bye. Not ready for the competition. Increasing prices is not giving them status...only recognition as a want to be Oceania. Be distinctive and original. When you say that you are going to do something, do it. Send the gifts, talk to people on the phone, accept emails, send out brochures in a timely fashion, and find those shuttle buses.

I got a brochure after I sailed even though I had requested it for months prior to my cruise. It's almost a month since I disembarked on April 11th. I tried emailing Azamara concerning my last cruise. Their email link doesn't work and the Capatins Club ignores emails. Phoning is always a waste of time. And you still think that there will be a welcome home gift. Well, it's probably on one of those missing shuttle buses. Don't be too upset if it doesn't arrive. If it took almost 4 months to get a brochure, I can't begin to imagine when or if the gift will arrive. I would probably get better results if I bought a lottery ticket. Chances of winning are probably better than getting your gift. And, I'll be pleasantly shocked if it's really nice. Azamara is still making it up as they go....and as time goes by, so will their ship sail bye. Not ready for the competition. Increasing prices is not giving them status...only recognition as a want to be Oceania. Be distinctive and original. When you say that you are going to do something, do it. Send the gifts, talk to people on the phone, accept emails, send out brochures in a timely fashion, and find those shuttle buses.

I Hope Azamara reads your post!

I'll let you know what it is when it comes. I have no expectations. Anything would be nice. Sometimes the unexpected things are the best. For example, on my April cruise, we were given tee shirts as we checked in. Also,toward the end of the cruise, we got a bunch of Azamara logo stuff like luggage tags, notepads, travel mugs, etc.

Do you have another cruise booked with Azamara or not? I can not tell from your posts. You say "no service" but than say that you received the brochure and on a later post lots of free stuff like t-shirts and mugs which we did not receive on Quest in February (with the exception of what we picked up playing trivia). Note, I even asked if I could purchase a second t-shirt since we only had enough points for one of us, and was told no.

You posts come across as very negative and threads indicate you do not like this cruise line yet you continue to post on these threads, so wondering if you have an upcoming cruise or not, or whether you booked another one while onboard?

Tees were free........and everyone got one. we got 2 when we checked in and at the end of the cruise, they still gave away more stuff.....including tees in small sizes ( kids ). Maybe it's a new thing with the new Azamara. I did not get these on my previous Azamara cruises.

We're Azamara newbies so we're not eligible for Welcome Home gifts. But we've always received Welcome Home e-mails from our previous cruises on HAL and Oceania. Does Azamara typically do that as well?
LOL. I can now answer my own question. I just received a Welcome Home e-mail from Azamara! But then again, it was attached to a Post-Cruise Survey, so maybe it doesn't count. :p:p

LOL. I can now answer my own question. I just received a Welcome Home e-mail from Azamara! But then again, it was attached to a Post-Cruise Survey, so maybe it doesn't count. :p:p

Great! I'm happy to receive surveys from companies following a cruise, vacation stay, theatre event, etc. I may not always complete them, but it's nice to know that they are interested in feedback.:)

I just phoned and was told welcome back gift would be on the ship when you return. Of course I said that is not what is posted on the web site (sent to your home) and we cruised in February and made the next tier. I was told the "Club" is new so to give them some time and would also receive a gift onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

By now if there was a welcome home gift, you should have received it. I cruised April 1 to 11...still nothing...and probably will not happen. Does anyone rememeber where it was stated that there would be a welcome gift?

By now if there was a welcome home gift, you should have received it. I cruised April 1 to 11...still nothing...and probably will not happen. Does anyone rememeber where it was stated that there would be a welcome gift?

It's under Le Club Voyage/Membership Benefits, for those at Explorer and Discoverer levels. "Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage."

I'm not sure if Jade13 qualified though, because your credits are based on past cruises, as opposed to taking into account the current cruise ... and it sounds like Jade13 had not reached the appropriate level beforehand ... at least that's the way I've understood her posts.

Archived