standard practice for Internet agency?

I booked a RC cruise with an Internet agency. When I read on the Mix and Mingle site that other people on the cruise had received their documents, and I hadn't, I called and e-mailed the agent. He has not responded. I called RC and was told that the agent had requested pier pick-up for the documents. Is this standard practice for Internet agencies to save the agents time and postage?

I booked a RC cruise with an Internet agency. When I read on the Mix and Mingle site that other people on the cruise had received their documents, and I hadn't, I called and e-mailed the agent. He has not responded. I called RC and was told that the agent had requested pier pick-up for the documents. Is this standard practice for Internet agencies to save the agents time and postage?

We used an internet agency for our first cruise and was given the choice of paying extra to have the doc's fedEx'd to us or pick them up at the peir. Couldn't wait to have the doc in hand we paid the extra money.

Some online cost savings agencies do pier pickup docs to save the expense of mailing them out and also the hassle if they get lost in the mail. It's no big deal to me as long as I'm booked on the cruise. But your agent should have responded to your emails/questions. I wouldn't use him again, just for that reason. Too many others out there that respond to questions and concerns. Happy Sailing!

We used an internet agency and we got our documents via e-mail. And this guy always responded to our e-mail questions/requests the same day or early the next. Thus far I have been very impressed with their level of customer service. It is ***********.com. Actually, better service than our brick and mortar agency who charged us more and had poorer customer service.

Never had a post do the **** thing before. The agency is ***********. Add the .com and you have their address... Just an added personal observation, I no longer have any patience for poor customer service. Not looking for perfection, just being treated with respect and dignity and like the person separating me from my money gives a darn. Maybe I am just getting old and persnickety. NOT!

I am planning my first cruise and I have been using a distant TA that specializes on cruises (they also have a website). I have been communicating with her via email. What are some of the things I should definitely inquire about before booking? She mentioned she has no hidden fees and no penalty cancellation policy as some of her agency's advantages. Anything else I should ask? Thanks.

LAX

I would shop around for pricing. Most TAs will tell you that they 'specialize' in cruises. What they really mean is they book cruises. :D If you ask them specific questions about the ship or ports, they usually can't answer. Service and pricing are the 2 most important aspects for me. If I can get both from my TA, whether online or not, I'm happy. You have already checked for hidden fees, like cancellation, etc. My only concern at this point would be pricing. Does she reduce your price, if you find it for less after booking with her? Does she offer any perks that you can't get from others? Happy Sailing!

Hi, I use to use a local TA , but the last three cruises I booked thru online agency better prices, Have always gotten my docs in the mail 3 to 4 weeks in advance, one cruise I booked directly with Princess because of a special offer I got thru the mail , and I got my docs even earlier. My online TA is very easy to deal with always answers my emails and can even call her leave a voice mail and she calls me back. sorry we arn't allowed to mention names of TA or online agencys on the boards . Your online agent should have called you back or emailed you with an answer , thats just poor customer service , I certainly wouldn't book with them again. Hope it all works out ok for you. Personally I like my docs delivered to my home so I can have them close in my hot little hands. :) Have a good cruise.

Booked Internet via CVC for 2/27. Rec'd our docs via regular mail early last week. Frankly, there was nothing to the documents. Seems to me th only reason to send is the pre cruise transfer/hotel voucher s-if selected. Otherwise, pickup at ship or etickets would be fine with me.

i think your ta is being lazy --i would contact a manager and let him know of your dissatisfaction--- i too use ***********.com and i got my docs at least a week ago for my 3/21/05 ---i want my docs in hand---yo0u most likely dont a have choice now and hopefully you do have paperwork to show that you are on the cruise and have paid in full -------i think you now have an extra line to stand on to get your docs, then check your luggage and then get on the check in line------------in the future you should let your new ta know that you expect to have hard docs in hand brfore you board the flight to the sailaway city

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I booked via an agency, which was one of the recommended agencies of this board.

I got an confirmation number, but they didn´t answer to my email since 3 days.

Phone is a little problem, because we live in Europe - so we live in totally different time zones.

Do you think, they send an confirmation and documents to our home adress (that was the reason for my email)

Thanks for your opinions...

Wendy

Most cruise lines have gone to edocs to save money. When a client of mine wants paper docs, I must specifcally ask for paper docs, otherwise edocs are used. Send another email to your agent requesting clarification.

I loved the e-documents I got with my on-line TA. Has anyone here gotten pier pick-up docs for HAL?

We did it that way last time and this year they say it's only for an emergency, like a last minute booking or if they aren't received. susan.

We got a fairly last minute auction cruise, and weren't given a choice. Had to pick up at pier. Well it is another line. Even worse. the box with docs was on a table 30 minutes before the agent arrived. Was tempted to get mine and run. When got the docs from another cruise with additional information, brochures, customs regs etc. To me that is part of the fun.

Also I signed for trip insurance and it stated "declined" on my pier paperwork...in very small print...no, it was just crushed in with a lot of other information. I need to check to see if the charge went through for it. Actually just remembered now that I'm writing.

Hope this helps....I do agree.....ask for what you need.

blessings,

Archived