Future Cruise Credit Question

3pcmom

I just booked a Panama Canal cruise today and I want to use the Future Cruise Credit we purchased on another cruise. My agent is speaking to someone at HAL that doesn't seem to know you don't have to put down a deposit, but pay the full amount at final payment time. Am I crazy in my understanding? Can someone point me to a place on HAL's website that might state this one way or the other. I was sort of looking forward to not having to pay the deposit at this time. Thanks in advance

Hope this helps you out (from HAL's site):

Limited time offer, Savings for On Board Bookings Only

Book on board and you can reserve your next cruise at a reduced deposit of only $100 per person. (If you choose to take advantage of Holland America's cruise Cancellation Protection this payment will also be due at time of initial deposit.) No additional deposits will be due until final payment. Should you need to cancel your reservation, your reduced deposit will be applicable to another Holland America Line cruise within the next four years. Your reduced deposit will be subject to cancellation penalties if the booking is within the published penalty period.

Here's a link to the "Planning and Advice" section of the website if you need more information:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard%20Life&contentMenu=Onboard%20Services&contentSubMenu=Benefits%20of%20Booking%20Onboard

Bob

Just to let you know. We had purchased a Future Cruise Deposit while on board of our Panama trip in 07. (for $100 each). We booked a cruise two years later, gave the unique deposit # on the letter to our TA at time of booking and voila, we didn't have to pay anything until final payment due. In the meantime, we ended up changing our minds, and had our TA cancel the one cruise, move our Future Deposits over to a net new cruise and again, voila, all taken care of by our TA with HAL. It was so easy, we bought another couple for that last cruise. Are using them for Jan 2011 on Neiw Amsterdam...and plan on buying a couple more (hoping to do the MED in 2012).

Enjoy the Panama...it was a magical day floating thru in slow motion!

SP

We did much the same thing as above and experienced absolutely no problems with it or Hal. We booked another FCC and plan to use it sometime in the next four years.

Archived