What exactly is a PVP and do I need one?

luvmyboyz

I searched around on here and I can't seem to find out exactly what a PVP is. (Yes, I know what it stands for.) What I mean is, what is the difference between just booking online, calling Carnival to book, or having a PVP? And if having a PVP is important, how do I get one? We used a TA for our 1st CCL cruise and she was just awful, and I booked our 2nd CCL cruise online. Now that I am in the process of planning our 3rd CCL cruise, should I be using a PVP?

Thanks, and sorry in advance if this question has been answered before!

I think its a preference...I used the same PVP 5 times and have also booked with outside TAs and different websites...some people on here LOVE booking with PVPs...mine never took the time to establish any sort of relationship with me after years of service so I have since moved on....

i am very happy with my pvp - just recently however, he seems a bit hurried. i guess that's good for him if that means he has many bookings but i had to go around him to see what the military rate was compared to what i had booked (ES).

i think if you find a good one who really takes time to look after you, it's worth it, but if not, what's the point?

I have booked 12 Carnival cruises by just calling them up. A lot of times the person that answers the phone will try to be my PVP. I tried calling a particular one back once and kept getting his machine. For me, it just isn't worth it. I know my way around the booking process now, understand how the rates work, etc. It is just easy to call when I need to and get it all done on my own time. I have never had a problem with this.

For the record, I never get annoying calls whenever I check the Carnival site like some people do. That would drive me nuts.

I, for one, enjoy having 'my own' PVP.:D She's a jewel, and I've used her for my last few cruises. The one before was terrific, but she was promoted to corp. ofc.

Both these PVPs seem to always find some little perks for me, and I appreciate that. I would never book a cruise any other way now.

It's a shame we aren't allowed to mention names or ext. numbers on here. I'm sure lots of us would be delighted to share our PVPs. CC rules say no, and no private emails about that.. Oh well. Hope you find one you like and stick with her/him as I have.:)

I have a PVP and I love having him. I can call him anytime or email him and he gets right back to me. I would think that I drive him crazy sometimes but he never seems to mind. Also, by booking with carnival directly, whenever you see the price drop just call your PVP and he will credit your account. You can do this as often as the cabin prices drop until you sail.

I, for one, enjoy having 'my own' PVP.:D She's a jewel, and I've used her for my last few cruises. The one before was terrific, but she was promoted to corp. ofc.

Both these PVPs seem to always find some little perks for me, and I appreciate that. I would never book a cruise any other way now.

It's a shame we aren't allowed to mention names or ext. numbers on here. I'm sure lots of us would be delighted to share our PVPs. CC rules say no, and no private emails about that.. Oh well. Hope you find one you like and stick with her/him as I have.:)

Yes, it's unfortunate names can't be mentioned or referrals given. Our recent PVP was ok but she seemed very hurried most of the time and didn't return calls until 1 or 2 days later.

I'll be looking for a new one for our cruise this year. Hope I find someone like yours Lol

Yes, it's unfortunate names can't be mentioned or referrals given. Our recent PVP was ok but she seemed very hurried most of the time and didn't return calls until 1 or 2 days later.

I'll be looking for a new one for our cruise this year. Hope I find someone like yours Lol

:(

:cool:I received an email from my PVP and took advantage of a sale two weeks ago, and ended up with a 8M on the empress Aft Balcony. Not even realizing the fantasy class ships had regular balcony cabins. He was able to get me in one when I told him w/o a Balcony would be a deal breaker.:D

:(

:cool:I received an email from my PVP and took advantage of a sale two weeks ago, and ended up with a 8M on the empress Aft Balcony. Not even realizing the fantasy class ships had regular balcony cabins. He was able to get me in one when I told him w/o a Balcony would be a deal breaker.:D

Lucky You!! Gee I hope I find a good one like you guys:rolleyes:

Our PVP is like family! We have used the same one for close to 10 years now. He knows what we like, what we require, time of year we like to cruise, dining preferences. He also books for my sister, my mom, my in-laws. He is great and I would not feel as comfortable with anyone else!

My first CCL cruise (and hopefully many more), I booked through a PVP. I've seen where cruisers praise their PVP, so I asked a member for the contact info on the one they use. I knew what cruise I wanted, but wasn't sure about cabin location, category, etc. My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson were with us. We had cabins next to each other. He was helpful, available (even returned my call on a weekend - I had left a message on his extension), and ensured I understood everything. I will use and recommend him again. On a side note, my only other cruise was on a different cruise line, and I booked on their website.

I booked two cruises right though the web site and had no problems. As it turned out as I was ready to book my third I got a call from a PVP. I decided to use him and now I am sorry I did. I guess it depends on the PVP you get. If I call him it will take him 5-7 days to get back to me. If I e-mail him I don't get an answer until I send a SECOND e-mail.

Also with the cruise I booked with him I booked an ES rate...He called me back and told me since I work for an airline he could get me a discount. NEVER telling me that would mean I don't get the ES rate....I saw the price drop more than 100.00....I filled out the ES form and sent it in. Was denied because I was no longer on the ES rates....My DISCOUNT for the airline was FAR less than the 100.00 I WOULD have saved with the ES...I will never us a PVP again.

My PVP calls me when a good deal comes up on a cruise she thinks I'd enjoy. I've been using her for years now and she knows my tastes, budget and even my availability. I can be ready to take off at the last minute and she has made me aware of bargains many times. It seems when I ask others what they paid and their benefits mine are always better and they ask for the name of my PVP.

I feel secure using her and wouldn't think of booking another way. She also calls me when I get home to see if I had a good time. We've become phone friends.

i booked directly on carnivals website and i dont think i'll ever need a pvp. i read all the reviews here and watch all the posted videos. if i have questions i'll just ask here. it looks tome that many of the experieced posters here know more than a travel agent.but then, its just me...

I searched around on here and I can't seem to find out exactly what a PVP is. (Yes, I know what it stands for.) What I mean is, what is the difference between just booking online, calling Carnival to book, or having a PVP? And if having a PVP is important, how do I get one? We used a TA for our 1st CCL cruise and she was just awful, and I booked our 2nd CCL cruise online. Now that I am in the process of planning our 3rd CCL cruise, should I be using a PVP?

Thanks, and sorry in advance if this question has been answered before!

PVP's are clerks working for Carnival, NOT YOU. They can do NOTHING a TA cannot do and they cannot do some things a TA can do. A good PVP is better than a bad TA, but a good TA is better than the best PVP.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good PVP for a few years and she left. :( Now I randomly got a new guy who called me and told me he was my new PVP. He had NO CLUE I had just returned from a Back to Back cruise on the Dream...one of the first statements out of his mouth were "have you sailed on the Dream yet?"...ok, your kidding me right? He also hasn't resonded to my e-mails (it has been three days) and I am ready to book. So I need to find me a new PVP or just book on-line.

PVP's are clerks working for Carnival, NOT YOU. They can do NOTHING a TA cannot do and they cannot do some things a TA can do. A good PVP is better than a bad TA, but a good TA is better than the best PVP.

But getting a bad PVP can not hurt you like a bad TA can.

A Carnival employee, and you don't need one. You can book on your own, use a Carnival employee (PVP), a local TA or a national TA. Find the person who best suits you, and that may be you, then work with that person as long as it is mutually beneficial.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I love my PVP, I got her by "luck" when I was booking my first cruise. She has never tied of my endless questions. She always gets back to me quickly, email or phone calls, I hear from her the same day. I just booked by third cruise with her and have referred friends to her, they love her too!! All you can do is check a few out and see what kind of vibe you get. Mine is always cheerful and happy, not to mention very helpful, she has been doing this for years and knows all the ins and outs of Carnival

My PVP is very friendly and stays in contact with me. And they have usually the best deals or at least the same as the TA's. Only once did I get a better deal with an organization associated with a certain cruise web site (which we cannot name and may or may not be on now). But they got me double OBC. The room rate was the same and the PVP said over and over that they cannot beat what Carnival had. But they did. Carnival would give us 250 OBC and the other gave us 500. So that time we booked with the other source. This time coulnd't find anything lower so went with my PVP. When I sent her copies she just said she had never heard or seen anything like that. She wasn't real convincing. But she is nice and friendly.

I recently booked using a PVP for the first time and discovered one advantage. After searching multiple web sites, including Carnival, I couldn't find the particular cabin that I wanted available on any site. All of them listed the exact same handful of forward 4K cabins on the Pride, for exactly the same price. When I called Carnival directly I got a very nice lady (PVP) who quickly told me that the particlar cabin I wanted was available, just not online. I booked a 4K for the price of a 4A and will be sailing on Oct 24th. Now if only the upgrade fairy comes a long... Bye the way, if you are wondering why the paricular cabin number, some 4K cabins actually have a "view" between the lifeboats.

Archived