Pocket Knives

My Leatherman is almost as important for me to have as my left hand.....I have it ALWAYS..and have been asked at dinner parties and everywhere you can imagine for help that it can be used for. Plus in a cruiseship cabin or hotel room, if theres a screw loose(besides mine) or something simple i can just fix it and not have to trouble or wait for maintenance

My SAK has a bottle top opener... ..Will wonders never cease!!!... Now, if I am on some wild beach, with a weird bottle of beer that you can't twist off,,, I am READY..

My bottle opener is on the bottom of my Reef flip-flops.bkbl.jpg

I never leave home without my little Swiss Army Knife, and I use it often, esp. when traveling. (I've carried one for about 30 years now.) For me the best parts are the tiny scissors, the tiny tweezers, the screwdriver thingey, and the corkscrew. DH also carries a small pocket knife, and we find that friends and traveling partners rely on us having the necessary hardware when we are away from home.

I put the little SAK in my cosmetic bag in the checked luggage and have never had a problem. (Well, except for one not related to security like needing it to remove a splinter acquired from an airport restaurant table one time. It was in the checked bag.) I'm also getting to the age where I might benefit from a redesign of my favorite SAK - maybe a little magnifier to help when using the little tweezers???

As a follow up...we are back from our cruise and my DH packed his small Swiss Army Knife in his checked luggage. It went through security and he was able to carry it onboard no problem.

As other pointed out, it comes in handy for a variety of reasons. For us, we were traveling with our 1 yo DS and we had a nightlight that needed to be modified to be used in the cabin, a few strings to be cut and tags to be removed.

Archived