So happy to have booked ES!

How exactly does Early Saver work?

With ES any price drops that occur you are entitled to up to 2 days prior to sailing. If you have not make final payment your balance will be reduced by the amount of the price drop. If you have made final payment the it will be given as OBC.

Last September we ended up with the three of us having $93 each in OBC.

So far the Magic trip has gone UP by $70 per person, but I am hoping that with the Euro falling in value fewer Europeans will book (sorry-nothing against you personally--I actually love you guys) so that will make for an emptier ship and the possibility of prices going down to attract cruisers.

So is there any hope of snagging a price drop if your cabin category is sold out?

How would you know if the price drops if there are no cabins available in that category?

Seems all beyond me?

TIA

If your cabin cat. is sold out, your best chance is if the upsell fairy convinces others in the same class as you to upgrade, then they would be opening up more cabins in your class. If no more cabins available, they can not drop the price, so you would be "stuck"... Unless the next cabin class above drops lower than what you have now, then you could upgrade, and ask for the diff as an OBC....

If you can't find you cabin on the carnival website to check the price because it keeps going to the 8A and we are in an 8B cat. How do I find out what the price is? Can I call Carnival 100 times a day?Will my PVP let me know by email? How does it all work?:confused:

Hey NS cruiser DH is from Dartmouth we've been trying to get down home for year but not likely until 2013:(

Click on [EDIT] button beside cabin type, and it will bring up the complete list of all availble cabin types.... and no your PVP will not automatically tell you by e-mail - you have to ask for the OBC....

Click on [EDIT] button beside cabin type, and it will bring up the complete list of all availble cabin types.... and no your PVP will not automatically tell you by e-mail - you have to ask for the OBC....

Thanks eh.. I'll try it..

Just got confirmation - $110 OBC! And we are 55 days out so there might be more to come.

I know it's not much but it is a nice amount of drinks :D

Hope everyone has the same luck!

indeed:) Im loving the ES program too!

had a $100 plus drop last week & just got email we're approved up another $20 for our sailing, woohoo

ES really works, but you have to be vigilant for price changes. Booked in Feb for May 22 cruise, and as of now have $190 OBC!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Love that ES Price Protection!!!:):):)

Just got confirmation - $110 OBC! And we are 55 days out so there might be more to come.

I know it's not much but it is a nice amount of drinks :D

Hope everyone has the same luck!

that is great :D. my alaska cruise is just going up in price. all the inside and ov cabins are booked and any upgrades on my part are either a balcony or suite. for $600 pp more :eek:. i am not counting on any savings for my cruise. but i got a really good price to begin with so im still happy. :). have a great time.

We booked four cabins 8M category for our October cruise. I think our chances of price reductions before selling out that category are kind of slim BUT I still keep looking. Does Carnival change their prices overnight or several times per day? Am I safe in just checking once each morning or should I check more times throughout the day?

We booked four cabins 8M category for our October cruise. I think our chances of price reductions before selling out that category are kind of slim BUT I still keep looking. Does Carnival change their prices overnight or several times per day? Am I safe in just checking once each morning or should I check more times throughout the day?

I personally check several times a day. Just whenever I think about it. I just happened to be checking last Thursday and there it was! Hoping for some more before that magical "2 days prior" cut off! :)

Archived