Post your favorite cruise moment

HuggyBee

The year our mother died (age 87) I told my sister that we needed to take a vacation together. She raised four kids, I traveled. So, I thought long and hard about where I wanted to go again that she would like. One night while trying to go to sleep, I thought about my trips to Manaus, Brazil, and the cruise ships tied up at the floating dock. I realized that I wanted to be on that cruise ship! So I located a cruise, saw a TA, ended up booking, then emailing her to say 'are you coming?" She was in, and we ended up with her oldest daughter as well (age 28). It was a long flight to our embarkation in Buenos Aires, and as we were coming from different cities, we were not on the same flights. She arrived first, and the best moment was when I walked up the gangplank and saw her standing there waiting for me! We had a wonderful time, and have cruised together six times since, with another one booked. EM

MY best cruise moment...on my first cruise ever...I married my best friend and soul mate...now the mom to 2 of the best boy's ever...EXPLORER OF THE SEAS.....

second best taking my now 6yo on his first cruise on Carnival Legend...now 5 days from now taking him and his 3yo brother on MIRACLE...they are both our miracles...both spent extreme amounts of time in the NICU when they where born.....

I love cruising with my little family but one of the best moments ever was during our Alaska cruise (Spirit) when we anchored at Sitka. The boys choose to sleep in and I got off by myself and walked through the town to the woods area with the awe inspiring totem poles. I just stood in the quiet and splendor of the the forest looking at the art in the totems.

When we got home and looked at the pictures I had taken and my DH took separately - they were almost identical in frame and view.:eek:

My favorite is always that first sail away from the home port. Cause I know I'm going on a wonderful 7 day vacation and the people down below are not! :p

Swimming with the stingrays in Grand Caymen and swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel are pretty high up there too. :D

It's a tie between dancing at the disco until 3 am (and then hitting the 24 hour pizzeria) with my new friends on the Freedom and swimming with manatees in Cozumel. Good times! :D :D :D :D

Your just the person I've been looking for!

I booked the Manatee tour for next month. Would you share your experience with me? And do you have any pictures?

My most memorable moment had to be on my first cruise. It was the day of my birthday and diner was formal, my husband got down on one knee in front of his 30 family members (it was a family reunion) and muttered was seemed to sound like 'will you marry me?'. He was so teary eyed that we could not understand what he was saying... now we are 7 days away from our 1st anniversary cruise.

Our 5th cruise I came back with twins..The most expensive and loved souvenir of all my travels...

GREAT story, and I'm sorry, but I've just got to ask. Did you name them, "Empress", and "Verandah"? ;) (Sorry,,just couldn't help myself):D

"SKY"

I smile every time I think of our private tour with family and friends in St. Thomas with Sunny Liston. We toured the island and stopped off at Duffy's Love Shack for a Shark Tank. The songs: Days of the Week and Follow the Leader always pop into my mind when I recall this awesome trip and never fails to make me feel good. Carnival cruise - Fun, Sailing with friends and family- Priceless! Woop Woop! :D

Archived