CARNIVAL GLORY - Staterooms?

bgarbus

We will be sailing on the glory next year and we were concerned about space. It will be three large adults We are all over 6 foot tall.

We were thinking about booking a suite because from the photos it looks like the couch/third bed is longer. We had a veranda one year and the couch/bed would have been comfortable for a rather short child.

We want to save money but we want to make sure we have ample space for the three of us in a room (keeping in mind that we are all rather tall).

Does anyone have any suggestions or room recommendations?

We have cruised on the Victory/Triumph, but this will be the first time on the Glory.

I believe that the couch in the Oceanview Suites (OS) are the same as what you find in the regular balcony room - it's just that there is more space in the room in general. It is the Grand Suites (GS) that have a 'double convertible' couch, which is actually a pull-out couch much like some people have in their homes.

I'm in a similar situation as you - three full grown adults traveling together - and we booked a suite on the Dream. My PVP automatically put us in one of the 'double convertible' rooms, I guess because that type of bed is better for an adult over the regular 'convertible' couch. We're in an OS too, but from my research on the matter I think that the Dream is the only ship where the OS rooms have the double convertibles - the conquest class only has them in the GS rooms. (noted by the 'cross' on the deck plans)

I just called Carnival and you are correct. The sofas are the same, but there is more space around them in the suites. I did learn that the bunk beds are 5 inches longer than the couches.

Bunks - 6 foot 5 inches

Sofas - 6 foot even

The did mention the larger sofas in the GS are 7 foot.

Our one friend that will be going with us is 5'10" so he will get the sofa if we decide to go that route...

I am over 6ft and have sleep in the couch and bunk and did not have a issue.

I personally would get the cheaper room, unless the price was VERY good.

Thanks for the input. We are looking at probably $120 per day per person for a suite (in that area anyway)... I will know for sure in a week or two...

Do you know if all the suites have 2 sinks? It would help with us all trying to get ready...

Archived