Need Canada advice

We are cruising the Glory in July. It will be my DH, DS (21) and DD (17). They wanted Caribbean, but were open to trying something new. (The Yankees tickets helped too). I have read this board over and over. Does this sound like something that we all would enjou?

Saint Johns - I am going back and forth between freedomtours Fundy trip to St. Martins ($75.00 a person) and Carnival's trip ($30.00 a person). I can't tell what is the big difference between the two except the price. Has anyone out there done either one?

Halifax - Rent a car to go to Peggy's Cove so that we can take our time. Back to Halifax for the maritime museum and some strolling around the city.

We would love to see the seals, whales if possible, eat some good seafood, and hear about the wonderful history of both towns. We are VERY flexible. That is one of the joys of traveling with grown kids. We love exploring new cities and have never been this far north. Any advice you can give us is welcome. Should we not plan a tour at all? My experience is that a tour guide sometimes has information that is really interesting, but sometimes they can be a dud. Thanks!

We are cruising the Glory in July. It will be my DH, DS (21) and DD (17). They wanted Caribbean, but were open to trying something new. (The Yankees tickets helped too). I have read this board over and over. Does this sound like something that we all would enjou?

Saint Johns - I am going back and forth between freedomtours Fundy trip to St. Martins ($75.00 a person) and Carnival's trip ($30.00 a person). I can't tell what is the big difference between the two except the price. Has anyone out there done either one?

Halifax - Rent a car to go to Peggy's Cove so that we can take our time. Back to Halifax for the maritime museum and some strolling around the city.

We would love to see the seals, whales if possible, eat some good seafood, and hear about the wonderful history of both towns. We are VERY flexible. That is one of the joys of traveling with grown kids. We love exploring new cities and have never been this far north. Any advice you can give us is welcome. Should we not plan a tour at all? My experience is that a tour guide sometimes has information that is really interesting, but sometimes they can be a dud. Thanks!

I would go with Freedom Tours. It appears Carnival mixed up the pricing with another tour - the St. Martin's tour through Carnival should be listed as $99 per person - I'm sure they will notice that soon. For Saint John my recommendation is to combine your day at port with an excursion to St. Martin's and a self-guided walking tour of Old Saint John near where the ship docks.

We are on the Glory in August, and just booked a private tour with Freedom Tours for the five of us. We decided on the Fundy Tour to St. Martin (5hrs). After that, we are going to "Ride the Rapids". I did this a few years ago, and my son loved it. For lunch, try Billy's. I heard that the fish is great (people on Trip Advisor).

Saint John (singular) New Brunswick.

St John's is on Newfoundland, about 900km ENE. Be careful, a lot of people book something in one town, only to find out they're in another. (but yes, Bay of Fundy is Saint John)

Your plan for Halifax is good.

I don't think you will be near the best places for whale watching. For sure do not do it out of Halifax.

There may be excursions out of Saint John and the Bay of Fundy for sure is the best spot. You would want to check on the best time of year. I know August is good.

If you have a stop in Sydney you could possibly get to Cheticamp and go whale watching from there, depending upon how much time you have.

If you do a google search on "whale watching saint john" etc. you will find lots of information.

Archived