UNacceptable noise on level 8 quest

roblu

We are currently staying in a penthouse suite on the quest holy land tour and it is right below the windows cafe. the noise from the chairs being moved as people are getting up and down is unbearable, we get jolted out of bed every single morning by the noise. The staff has been less than cooperative and the best they can do is keep it closed until 7:30 AM. So i guess no sleeping in for us. THe noise continues all day long , so no naps either. After shelling out $22,000.00 for a penthouse suite, Azamara figures they have our money and to bad on the noise. I am listening to the chairs as i write this. They could easily ut a different type of bottom on the chairs to alleviate the skidding on the deck, but i guess it is beyond their scope of thought process.

Unless they come up with compensation, why they price these top suites the same is an outrage, i will never allow myself to book again with Azamara.

The noise in soooo loud, it is beyond any point of being managable.

shame on Azamara and shame on me for trusting them to take care of it

We had Penthouse Suite 8091 for 24 nights and, although you could occasionally hear chairs being moved, it was in no way a problem. I am an extremely light sleeper and go to bed early compared to most people. It never disturbed my sleep. Noise can be a greater problem if you start to focus on it and listen for it. I know, having suffered noisy neighbours in the past. Please try to relax and be positive. You will ruin your cruise if you concentrate on the noise and compensation.

BTW, to prove it was not a problem for us, we immediately booked suite 8091 again on our return.

Sue

This is why when I book a cruise, I keep the TA on the phone while I research the cabin to see where it is situated on the ship BEFORE booking that cabin. What you are experiencing is capable of happening on ANY ship. It is a shame you spent so much on that suite and are not happy with it and may want to consider location the next time you book!!:rolleyes:

This is why when I book a cruise, I keep the TA on the phone while I research the cabin to see where it is situated on the ship BEFORE booking that cabin.

Another suggestion when selecting a cabin is to look for info on the specific cabin on this forum before booking. By using "Search This Forum" and entering 8088 and 8091, you'll find threads with posts from previous cruisers who have commented on the level of noise in the PH cabins. While they are interesting to read, it won't be much more helpful than this thread as the opinions are just as varied.

I am sensitive to noise, DH can sleep through just about anything, so I can see why the opinions vary greatly here.

I am a light sleeper and very sensitive to noise so I can understand how you feel. After having been below the pool level once on a ship I would never book it again.

I doubt it is that easy to change the bottom of the chairs midcruise. Azamara has tried to help you by closing an area until 7:30. On a port intensive cruise that can inconvienence alot of other guests.

I was wondering, but did you request to be moved towards deck 6 or 7 ?

Or perhaps to a Suite in front of the ship ? Don't know whether they are available but it might be an option !

Perhaps it's not the suite you wanted, but it's better than the current situation. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your cruise !

We are currently staying in a penthouse suite on the quest holy land tour and it is right below the windows cafe. the noise from the chairs being moved as people are getting up and down is unbearable, we get jolted out of bed every single morning by the noise. The staff has been less than cooperative and the best they can do is keep it closed until 7:30 AM. So i guess no sleeping in for us. THe noise continues all day long , so no naps either. After shelling out $22,000.00 for a penthouse suite, Azamara figures they have our money and to bad on the noise. I am listening to the chairs as i write this. They could easily ut a different type of bottom on the chairs to alleviate the skidding on the deck, but i guess it is beyond their scope of thought process.

Unless they come up with compensation, why they price these top suites the same is an outrage, i will never allow myself to book again with Azamara.

Hi Roblu !

I'm sorry for your experience, but we cant solve your problem. May I suggest that, instead of griping about it on here, and letting it ruin your cruise, ask to speak with the Hotel or Guest Relations Manager onboard. The onboard folks are wonderful, and I believe they will at least try to work with you, to resolve your situation. Good Luck, and please try to enjoy your Cruise !

We were on Deck 7 PH and never heard any noise. I don't think being on Deck 8 would have bothered us as DH is up and running at 4:00 or 5:00am and the latest we ever left the ship on port days was 7:00am. We never sleep that late.

How many days have you been onboard and have you spoken to the Hotel Manager?

we have spoken to guest relations manager and they are going to try to compensate us , but haven't heard back yet. it is not ruining my cruise, the itinerary is outstanding, the ports have been spectacular, the people we have met have been great. It is a constant movement of chairs from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM in our room and sleep has been at a minimum. to me , it has been so loud and so annoying to hear the scrap of metal chairs against wood through a thin layer of ceiling. you would have to be in the room to really appreciate it. to be napping and get jolted up is really frustrating. i am not a complainer and you see your fair share of them on any cruise, i am usually very passive and go with the flow, we have been on this cruise for 8 days and i have never had more than 6 1/2 hours sleep on any given night, so it wears on me.

Thank you for reporting back & letting us know what a great time you are having, despite the chair noise. It must be difficult to come up with a solution for the chair legs that will keep them from scraping on the wood without sliding across the deck when empty...but it's a solution that sounds very much needed!

One year ago we were on the Journey and had a Sky Suite on deck 8, we were bothered by the Noise above as well we were right under the swimming pool and they were moving tables and chairs every morning as well, for the Breakfast area. Although I must say it didn't bother us as much as it has you. We are booked on back to back Asian Cruises in March 2011, and this time booked on deck 7 because of this problem. We do love the Azamara ships, we should have spent more time on their web-site, looking over the Deck Plans before that cruise. It clearly showed the swimming pool above our suite. Hope they can work something out for you.;)

Has anyone sailed in this cabin on the Quest? Were there noise problems?

Levart...

I would also post this question on the Oceania Boards and on Princess

When you post on Princess indicate in the title it is for the Ocean or Pacific Princess. I think the Royal Princess might be configured differently.

You will probably hear noise on sea days if the weather is really great and ALOT of people are laying out.

otherwise that section of the upper deck is usually the last to fill up as most people are closer to food area

or down by the pool!

K.

Has anyone sailed in this cabin on the Quest? Were there noise problems?

My husband and I were on the Journey in Cabin 8030 which is in the same area on the other side of the ship. We were worried about noise from above especially in the early morning but it was fine.

As I posted earlier, we were in PH 8091 on Quest for 24 nights without any problem and have booked it again. Did once or twice get splashed when the washed the deck above but this was not really a problem either.

Sue

We had a cabin below windows on the Tahitian Princess renamed the Ocean Princess. (sister ship of the Journey & Quest) It was noisy, and we had the constant chair noise. So I can sympathize with you. Not being able to sleep, and being tired from a port intensive cruise is not fun. The lack of sleep makes it hard to enjoy the ports, like you want to. Try using some ear plugs. It helps a little. From our experience under Windows, we are very picky about our room location now. On Journey and Quest, the only deck that has cabins above and below is deck 7. When we sailed on Journey, we had a cabin by the smoke stack. There are 4 cabins on the port & starboard side that get a lot of engine noise from the smokestack. Take a walk on deck 7 on a sea day and I'm sure you'll hear it. You'll know what cabins to avoid on deck 7. If I post the cabin #'s, they will delete my post! The other cabins on deck 7 are very quiet. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

There are 4 cabins on the port & starboard side that get a lot of engine noise from the smokestack. Take a walk on deck 7 on a sea day and I'm sure you'll hear it. You'll know what cabins to avoid on deck 7. If I post the cabin #'s, they will delete my post! The other cabins on deck 7 are very quiet. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Now I would like to know which ones? Why do you think your post would get deleted? How do you know eaxctly unless you have been inside each of thee staterooms?

You don't have to be inside the cabins. You can hear it from the corridor, and we had one of the cabins for 12 days last Feb. The noise is also inside the cabin. I did post the cabin #'s before and my post was deleted. e-mail me at jehendrickson@prodigy.net and I will e-mail you the cabin #'s.

Heyy JJ, WHO'S deleting your posts of the cabin numbers??? Hope it's not THIS site cause it would kinda defeat the whole meaning of "CRUISE CRITIC"!!!

I've listed cabin numbers in the past

on CruiseCritic and never had a problem

Here's a couple for you....

on the R ships

We love...7111 and 7117, they have better balconies than the ones in the center of deck 7

if you are considering 7003 area, there is A LOT of movement if the seas are rough.

6049 is a hidden gem as it is obstructed ov, but if you look

straight out (not to your left where there is the lifeboat and not to your right where there is a wall) it's a full ov

7068 is by the laundry

4022 is by the entrance to the medical center...yucky cooties in the air

Now a totally different cruise line and ship

and if you sail on the Star Princess or it's sister ships avoid B621 like its a combo of the plague, ecoli and h1n1

Now if this posts gets deleted then I will know that rules are a changing!

We sailed on the Journey last fall on deck 8 in one of the small suites ( large cabin). While there was some noise in the evening, there was very little. I wonder though about the are where they set up for the barbecue. Our cruise had several.

I've listed cabin numbers in the past

on CruiseCritic and never had a problem

Here's a couple for you....

on the R ships

We love...7111 and 7117, they have better balconies than the ones in the center of deck 7

if you are considering 7003 area, there is A LOT of movement if the seas are rough.

6049 is a hidden gem as it is obstructed ov, but if you look

straight out (not to your left where there is the lifeboat and not to your right where there is a wall) it's a full ov

7068 is by the laundry

4022 is by the entrance to the medical center...yucky cooties in the air

Now a totally different cruise line and ship

and if you sail on the Star Princess or it's sister ships avoid B621 like its a combo of the plague, ecoli and h1n1

Now if this posts gets deleted then I will know that rules are a changing!

You are amazing! I LOVE your posts.

Archived