Can 11's go with 12-14's on RCCL?

planocruiser3

I have 2 sons and am traveling on the Mariner of the Seas on 2/27/05...I am curious if RCCL will let 11's go into the 12-14 age group activies. I would like for my boys to stay together but one is 11 and one is 14. Has anyone had experience with RCCL in regards to this issue?

We haven't sailed RCCL, but, on Carnival, they were strict as well. On our first cruise with the kids (both boys), they were 11 and 13, and were put in different groups, after we were told by a Carnival rep, at a travel show, that they could be together (they will tell you whatever you want to hear:) ). It turned out great! They both made their own friends and had so much fun. My advice for you is to put a positive spin on this when you are talking to your kids about your upcoming cruise. Maybe you can find a list of the activities for the different groups to show them how much fun they will have.

Have a fun cruise!

RCI would not let my 13 go into the 9-11. They hinted that they might if he was only 12. Turns out that he liked his group just fine. The 9-11 would have been WAY too young for him anyway. The family activities are for the entire family to do together and compete against other families. This worked out well because the kids had plenty of together and alone time.

wow! I just had to do a quick review of my kids ages at the time of our cruise. I never even thought they might be split up. Thank god, my 9 & ll will be together and my 13 will be with her cousin. Phew. I do want them to make new friends and not hang on each other but I'm glad they will have a "buddy" to go back and forth to the cabin if me or dh cant be with them.

Lurker

On the Explorer of the Seas, the rule was that you needed to try your age group for two sessions and if the child was unhappy, you could move the child up or down. My five year old ended up loving the group and it wasn't an issue with her being with 3-5 year olds.

I think it might have a lot to do with how full the groups are. If you are cruising during a time when there are limited kids on board, your request will most likely be honored whereas in "schools out" seasons you might have more difficulty. There are many times when groups start out individual and then combine as the day/evening wears on. As the group size deminishes the staff combines the age groups.

Archived