dates for Hawaii 2011

califgary

I know Princess has yet to announce last half of 2011 for Hawaii - Im waiting to see things at Christmas. Question - sometimes some folks in the know around here get the advance notices from Princess on ships/dates etc. I know some good folks have posted that info about Alaska in another thread ---- does anyone here know what days of the week the 14 day Hawaii is going (and dates around Christmas 2011)??

Any info appreciated

Gary,

I think you are going to have to wait awhile. Last year the press release for the 2010/2011 fall to spring Hawaii cruises was issued on August 17, with some TA's getting the information a week or so early and passing it on to their clients.

I am quite sure that you will see the 2011/2012 season announcement here on CC within minutes of it being sent out, but that is likely not going to be until early August. I hope you can wait...:)

thanks for the update - in 2008, I reserved for Christmas 2009 on May 4th so I was hoping they would be on the same schedule - didnt realize they waited til Aug last year!

We had a blast last Christmas spending both holidays on the beautiful Golden.

Thanks

Just out of curiousity, Princess used to have the 14 or 15 day trip from LA to Hawaii and back in the summer. Why doesn't that schedule still exist. Those of us who have educators in the family would love to cruise then. It seems that those took place a couple of years ago.

Bob

Just out of curiousity, Princess used to have the 14 or 15 day trip from LA to Hawaii and back in the summer. Why doesn't that schedule still exist. Those of us who have educators in the family would love to cruise then. It seems that those took place a couple of years ago.

Bob

I don't know the answer but I share your desire for a summertime Hawaiian itinerary, as I'm also tied to the academic calendar. Plus, in reading all the reports from Hawaiian cruises, it really seems like the weather isn't exactly perfect in Hawaii in the winter -- summer seems to have higher average temps and less rainfall. Not to mention the iffy weather in and out of LA in the wintertime. I'm totally puzzled by the oddness of choosing to sail to Hawaii only in winter . . .

I'm totally puzzled by the oddness of choosing to sail to Hawaii only in winter . . .

For us Hawaii is all about the whales. February and March work well for us. If they did a summer Hawaii though, we would probably try it.

Oh, and the sea days but they would be there either summer or winter.

I think the hawaii 14 day ships go to Alaska for the summer.

I know they do; I just think it's stupid to have 6 ships tripping over one another to look at gigantic ice cubes when one of those ships can be transporting people to a place of warm sun and tropical breezes.

As for whales, meh. I prefer my sea creatures nicely grilled with perhaps a bit of lemon . . .

We booked Xmas 2010 to Hawaii on the Golden on 5/21/09. No doubt they will be coming out with the schedule soon to book for next year.

I wish they would bring back the Hawaii R/T during the summer too. I think the summer sailing didn't bring in the $$$ so they didn't put back in the rotation. Bummer. :( Keep your finger crossed though, they just might with newer ships joining the fleet in a few years.

Gary,

I think you are going to have to wait awhile. Last year the press release for the 2010/2011 fall to spring Hawaii cruises was issued on August 17, with some TA's getting the information a week or so early and passing it on to their clients.

I am quite sure that you will see the 2011/2012 season announcement here on CC within minutes of it being sent out, but that is likely not going to be until early August. I hope you can wait...:)

Are you talking about the additional sailings (like the Sapphire)? That press release came out in August, but the original press release came out in early May last year:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1052

Bob

I remember when the Regal Princess did the summer sailings in 2006 and it sounded like it was very popular. Would love for it to come back. (wouldn't it be funny if we've ever been in the same line at the Ralphs or Chase Bank, Bob?)

Are you talking about the additional sailings (like the Sapphire)? That press release came out in August' date=' but the original press release came out in early May last year:

[b']http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1052[/b]

Uh-oh, my bad :o. You are right, I went to the press releases and ran down until I saw Hawaii, and that earlier release was under the "Worldwide" heading on May 7...Gary, I hope you are seeing this update.

Are you talking about the additional sailings (like the Sapphire)? That press release came out in August' date=' but the original press release came out in early May last year:

[b']http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1052[/b]

I remember when the Regal Princess did the summer sailings in 2006 and it sounded like it was very popular. Would love for it to come back. (wouldn't it be funny if we've ever been in the same line at the Ralphs or Chase Bank, Bob?)

Patty, I wrote you on your blog, check it out

Bob

Archived