All Things Splendor

We just got back and had a great time! Weather was nice on the sea days, other than some fog on the last day in the afternoon. PV and Mazatlan were very, very hot and humid---we chose to stay on the ship to enjoy the pools, spa, and the peacefulness. Cabo didn't happen due to unsafe tender operations. It wasn't a big deal to us since we would've stayed onboard again. The extra amenities for the Spa cabins were great---it was nice to go as you please to the spa. They've implemented a daily color wristband and access card, so that only the people that paid for it would use it. We used the Rasul on the first sea day, and it was nice. It's kind of similar to Glen Ivy's Grotto, but private. Our cabin stewards and dining room staff were great! Food was also YUMMY!!! My absolute fave was the New Zealand Rack of Lamb on Thursday night. I also enjoyed the chocolate buffet on the last day. We played most of the trivia and sang karaoke in the evening. Rob was Garth on the Legends show, and was amazing! Our only regret is that we're no longer on the ship.

I think it is $95 pp but not sure. Before 9/11 we did the Bridge, Galley and Engine room free. With our Platinum we have done the galley free once and the bridge free once.

Edited by MikeM

A quick question that I hope I have not missed the answer to on this board already.

What is the difference between 8P and 8S .I wanted a Spa Balcony and have Cabin 1044 listed as 8P, hope this is a Spa Cabin ,this is for Christmas sailing.

Thank You

Going on the Splendor in Sept. Would really appreciate some info: Which nights are the formal nights?? On our Southern Carib cruise in March (8 days) there was a special laundry promotion on port days ($15/bag, excluding long pants & dresss), is this true for the Mexican Riviera cruise too??

If you like latin music, the Latina Fiesta show is a must-see (if they still have it). The FIRST pool party is the best so don't miss it. The last time we went, they had 2 pool parties back to back and the turnout wasn't good at the second night.

The midnight Mexican buffet is aweome (I think it's on the second pool party night). The Indian place (Tabdoor, I believe) is great if you like Indian food. Don't miss the rotisserie place cuz it's sorta hidden and many people don't even know it exists.

Do NOT purchase any city tour excursions at PV -- they are more like shopping tours, mostly taking you to pre-determined placed to shop. Not much sight seeing. Get a cab for a few bucks and go to the Malecon and explore it yourself.

Check out my Splendor videos when you get a chance. The link is below.

I absolutely LOVE your videos. My husband and I will be on the splendor 10/10. This will be our first cruise. Your video's are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!

A quick question that I hope I have not missed the answer to on this board already.

What is the difference between 8P and 8S .I wanted a Spa Balcony and have Cabin 1044 listed as 8P, hope this is a Spa Cabin ,this is for Christmas sailing.

Thank You

They are both spa cabins 8p is deck 10... 8s is deck 11..there are regular balcony cabins on deck 10 as well...I would double check when you book..lisa

Thanks so much I have an 8P , very excited to spend Christmas on Splendor.

We have an 8S in Sept I will let you know how it is..We had to choose an 8S due to the fact we are traveling with children no 4 pax spa balconies cabins on deck 10..My husband loves his spa time..Happy Travels Lisa

Edited by lisa e

what happens if like in Cabo the water is to rough to tender.. I know that you have another day at sea.. but are you just stationary just outside of Cabo or are you in transit to somewhere?

if you can't tender in a port.. were you compensated for it?

what happens if like in Cabo the water is to rough to tender.. I know that you have another day at sea.. but are you just stationary just outside of Cabo or are you in transit to somewhere?

if you can't tender in a port.. were you compensated for it?

Just port fees.

Thanks and I do the same with my Platinum status while my hubby naps on the comfy beds - we slept the best on the cruise ships - love the aft rocking effect.

Maybe we'll bump into each other racing around to get our empty ship pictures.

Happy cruising

Thanks for the great pics on webshots!

We are on Splendor next May, and I am so excited to sail on her!

We are also aft, because we love the rocking at night as well.

My husband and I usually get up about 3 or 4 in the morning once on each cruise and walk around taking pictures. There are little to no one around, and you can get some really good photos of the ship.

We don't have kids, but I'm a really finicky eater. Is it possible for adults to order off the kids' menu? What are the odds that I'd be able to order something from a previous night's menu or something simple but not on the menu at all?

Thanks for the great pics on webshots!

We are on Splendor next May, and I am so excited to sail on her!

We are also aft, because we love the rocking at night as well.

My husband and I usually get up about 3 or 4 in the morning once on each cruise and walk around taking pictures. There are little to no one around, and you can get some really good photos of the ship.

The other half of David-n-Rita here - My husband got a warning about his response to a very nasty poster and left cruise critic forever, he refuses to visit it anymore, therefore David-n-Rita is gone. So I am on my own and all our pictures are on our webpage in the form of cruise journal which are unavailable on webshots.

Webshots has been losing our pictures and we have been unable to upload our May cruise - after many tries about 12 pictures made it. I transferred everything to our own website where we can give an honest review without editing (they also edited his cruise review) The link to the journals is below - enjoy, there is alot more info that can be put on webshots, they limit the captions and they do not have a journal format.

We will be sailing the Splendor in Sept and also on the Magic - we do our journals in real time on our website so pictures are posted the day they are taken.

Edited by viaggi_per_mare

Where's the best place to catch a breeze while sunbathing by a pool....I'm assuming the aft lido deck or just above it...the center pool has the glass covering that slides back, so I assuem the rest is boxc in and not much wind...

As far as a club, we dont want to be with the young kids, but we want to got out and have a good time and drinks with a band....so which one bar / club?

The other half of David-n-Rita here - My husband got a warning about his response to a very nasty poster and left cruise critic forever, he refuses to visit it anymore, therefore David-n-Rita is gone. So I am on my own and all our pictures are on our webpage in the form of cruise journal which are unavailable on webshots.

Webshots has been losing our pictures and we have been unable to upload our May cruise - after many tries about 12 pictures made it. I transferred everything to our own website where we can give an honest review without editing (they also edited his cruise review) The link to the journals is below - enjoy, there is alot more info that can be put on webshots, they limit the captions and they do not have a journal format.

We will be sailing the Splendor in Sept and also on the Magic - we do our journals in real time on our website so pictures are posted the day they are taken.

Don't let those nasty comments affect you...please tell David to continue to post his opinion, review and pix. I love reading them.

I can't speak for Mexican culture, but its considered an insult to tip an owner of a company or business in our country (bar, club, restuarant, etc.).

As the owner of a catering business, where in many cases, I am the only employee, I completely disagree with you.

Where's the best place to catch a breeze while sunbathing by a pool....I'm assuming the aft lido deck or just above it...the center pool has the glass covering that slides back, so I assuem the rest is boxc in and not much wind...

As far as a club, we dont want to be with the young kids, but we want to got out and have a good time and drinks with a band....so which one bar / club?

there are some spaces right above the aft pool near the stairs that look like they could catch a good breeze---and there are also loungers up there.

for the clubs, the red carpet disco and morocco lounge is where you'll want to be