Rhapsody of the Seas-Changing to Aus Dollars??

Hi all,

Just a silly question... My brother has just booked his honeymoon on Rhapsody for March 2011 and he said the Travel Agent told him it was in Aus dollars now. He didn't question it as this is his 1st cruise. He came over to look at all our recent photos of Rhapsody and I was telling him to get USD in cash to use, when he told me about the Currency change...

Does anyone now if this correct or not...I cant seem to find anything on the RCI website about it..

Thanks for your help..

Catherine

Not sure either, our travel agent for Rhapsody hasn't told us anything about it... they are useless haha

I wouldn't be surprised now that our dollar is so strong against the US dollar though. If our dollar matches the US dollar or becomes more valuable they will change over for sure though.

Hi

Yes I think they were talking about the fares being in Aus dollars.

We were just on the Rhapsody in Feb this year and there was no mention of it happening. I was just a bit worried as I have already purchased my USD for our November cruise. Got a bit ahead of myself, since the rate has been good in the last few weeks.

Thanks all for your thoughts

Catherine

Hi Catherine

I saw in the last couple of days, but can't remember where, something about the Rhapsody being permanently based in Aust. although I thought it was only for 6 months or so. I don't think everything has been decided yet.

Hi

Yes I think they were talking about the fares being in Aus dollars.

We were just on the Rhapsody in Feb this year and there was no mention of it happening. I was just a bit worried as I have already purchased my USD for our November cruise. Got a bit ahead of myself, since the rate has been good in the last few weeks.

Thanks all for your thoughts

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

The fares are in AUD but onboard purchases arein USD....we always purchase our spending money in USD when our dollar is up and take it onboard as cash and pay it off our account at regular interval.....the exchange rate onboard changes dailly and can be a problem.If you take USD onboard in cash there is no worries.

enjoy the ship ..it is beautiful.

Col

I would think if RCCL do change Rhapsody to an AUD ship, that might start a shift across from P & O.

Many cruisers who prefer to cruise only our waters are not savvy on other currencies hence the reason they stick with P & O only for their cruises.

My friend has just come off Pacific Dawn and she said, there were people on the ship getting gifts etc from the Captain because they had cruised more than 50 times with just P & O Australia!!

How many times could you visit Noumea!!:rolleyes:

Jillybean:)

Haha GCC, you are forgetting. :confused: They sometimes visit NZ.

Oh, just slap my hand! They visit Nth Qld too!

Sorry, couldn't help it. :D And I haven't even had a little drink.

The constant 7 day trips ARE a bit repetitive aren't they?

DH often wonders how the same ships can keep going around the Caribbean constantly, too. Especially when they have far more choice of ports in the NH.

I would think if RCCL do change Rhapsody to an AUD ship, that might start a shift across from P & O.

Many cruisers who prefer to cruise only our waters are not savvy on other currencies hence the reason they stick with P & O only for their cruises.

My friend has just come off Pacific Dawn and she said, there were people on the ship getting gifts etc from the Captain because they had cruised more than 50 times with just P & O Australia!!

How many times could you visit Noumea!!:rolleyes:

Jillybean:)

In the old days the pacific cruises were longer, most 18 - 21 days or more and took in far more of a variety of island ports. Presumably if they have done 50+ cruises they started in the old days. I'm guessing that now after that many cruises, the cruise is the destination and the ports are not that important.

6 of my cruises that I did in the 70's were Pacific cruises (including one Hawaii and one Tahiti) (but only one with P & O) and I think we only went to Noumea twice. My parents managed to avoid it pretty well.

Guess what? I'm going there with my husband and son in September:rolleyes:

Jenny:)

Haha Jenny. We are going there too. I remember I wasn't too keen on Noumea in my young days, but at least you could buy cheap perfume then, and at that time, my favourite was a Christian Dior perfume. ;)

This time we don't get there until 3pm so we are just doing the tchou tchou train, and if there is daylight left, having a quick walk around the town.

Archived