Ice machine accross hallway - NOISE?

Tapi

We're looking at switching cabin categories on our upcoming Triumph cruise. However, my PVP is telling me that there's an ice machine and vending machine right accross the hallway from the cabin we're interested in.

Has anybody stayed near ice machines onboard the Triumph or similar? Any noise problems?

Thanks for the input!

Ok, no replies so far.

Let me rephrase my question. Can someone at least tell me if vending/ice machines aboard Carnival ships are in an enclosed room or if they're literally right accross the hallway from cabins?

Thanks!

Ok, no replies so far.

Let me rephrase my question. Can someone at least tell me if vending/ice machines aboard Carnival ships are in an enclosed room or if they're literally right accross the hallway from cabins?

Thanks!

I have NEVER seen vending machines or ice machines(for passenger use) on any Carnival ship. Not sure where your TA is getting this information.

Sue

We're looking at switching cabin categories on our upcoming Triumph cruise. However, my PVP is telling me that there's an ice machine and vending machine right accross the hallway from the cabin we're interested in.

Has anybody stayed near ice machines onboard the Triumph or similar? Any noise problems?

Thanks for the input!

What cabin are you looking at?

Sue

There are ice machines on passenger stateroom decks.... in enclosed rooms w/ doors.... where do you think they get the ice from so readily !

OP... I have stayed acorss the hall from the ice vending machines that stateroom atendants gather ice from for staterooms and never heard a noise while it is producing ice.

There are ice machines on passenger stateroom decks.... in enclosed rooms w/ doors.... where do you think they get the ice from so readily !

OP... I have stayed acorss the hall from the ice vending machines that stateroom atendants gather ice from for staterooms and never heard a noise while it is producing ice.

where do you think they get the ice from so readily ! I believe we are all aware that they have the ice machines, BUT not for passengers use only room stewards. As I stated in my previous posting.

Sue

where do you think they get the ice from so readily ! I believe we are all aware that they have the ice machines, BUT not for passengers use only room stewards. As I stated in my previous posting.

Sue

I always ask the stateroom attendant where the vending machines are in case I need ice and they are busy... always been directed where to go fill 'er up if needed ! Sorry if you felt I was attacking your post, but passengers CAN get their own ice if they speak with the stateroom attendant and the door is open !

Sue

I stayed on the Triumph on the Riveria deck in a 6B right across from the vending machines and there was NO noise. It's in it's own room that has a door actually. The ice machine is right next to it- open for passengers to use.

Guess you were incorrect on that one Sea Born ! :eek:

We stayed in a room on the Pride last year that was right next door to the ice machine room, and never heard a sound all week. I never even knew it was there until about 4 days in to the cruise, when I went looking for our steward to get us some ice, and he went in the room next to us. No problems at all.

Not really sure what you're talking about with a vending/ice area. There are no vending machines for sure. There is an ice machine in a closed off area where the stewards get your ice for you twice a day. You don't go and get your own ice like in a hotel.

We stayed across from an ice room one time on....glory I think it was. You could faintly hear when they got ice but keep in mind this was only when they were doing service on the rooms, usually in the late morning/early afternoon and early evening. So it was never an issue, since no one is goingto get ice at 2am or anything.

Not really sure what you're talking about with a vending/ice area. There are no vending machines for sure. There is an ice machine in a closed off area where the stewards get your ice for you twice a day. You don't go and get your own ice like in a hotel.

We stayed across from an ice room one time on....glory I think it was. You could faintly hear when they got ice but keep in mind this was only when they were doing service on the rooms, usually in the late morning/early afternoon and early evening. So it was never an issue, since no one is goingto get ice at 2am or anything.

TIRIVIERA2.GIF

I stayed in 1262 and right across is vending machine for soda and ice machine- you can see the white block behind the elevators. Perhaps you didn't go look?

I love that title. Don't know my friend, I have never seen this area on the carnival ships I have been on. But I always stay on deck 6,7,8 so maybe they aren't on the higher decks. Or, as you have pointed out, I have just never noticed them.

On the Triumph they DO have vending machines next to passenger ice machine.. I think I was on The Empress deck that cruise. I used the ice and soda machine:rolleyes:

I have never ever seen a Vending Machine on Board a Carnival Ship.

One can however help oneself to a can of pop out of the every popular (with Carnival Bean Counters) Mini Bars.

As for Ice...I have always found my ice bucked full of fresh ice. I suppose should one need more ice..just act like you know what your are doing as you go into the Crew Only Door to said Ice Machine.

I suspect you will find more of a noise problem with drunken shipmates in the hallway than with the Ice Machine.

If you should find the vending machine on board...I take everything I said back :)

Archived