When to book?

emiliesmom

Hi there,

I am thinking of cruising in February 2011 to the Caribbean or Mexico. I was wondering if experienced cruisers would recommend booking as early as possible (ie now) or waiting for better deals. If you think I should wait, when is a good time to pick up a deal for a spring cruise? If it matters, I would be looking at Celebrity or Royal Caribbean cruise lines...

Thanks!!

Hi there,

I am thinking of cruising in February 2011 to the Caribbean or Mexico. I was wondering if experienced cruisers would recommend booking as early as possible (ie now) or waiting for better deals. If you think I should wait, when is a good time to pick up a deal for a spring cruise? If it matters, I would be looking at Celebrity or Royal Caribbean cruise lines...

Thanks!!

Have a specific stateroom you are hoping to snag ??? If so, book now and watch for rate drops between the time you book and final payment date for adjustments to your total. Then after paid in full keep monitoring for rate drops that will provide you an OBC for the price difference if you are eligible for the rate changes. If booking with a TA, make sure they have no fee's for rate adjustments too !

I would book sooner rather than later. The reality is that the lowest price and highest price staterooms tend to go first so it's always best to book early for best choice. As travelntreats mentioned, then watch the prices after that and followup if you see that they have dropped.

Keith

We booked our Feb 2011 Baja Peninsula cruise a few months ago. I love ES and am willing to risk the $150 non-refundable deposit. If you want a specific stateroom and are sure you're not going to cancel except for unforeseen circumstances, I'd consider booking now. Strictly my two cents though.

Archived