Victoria port

Is there much to do right near the port? Shopping, pubs, or????

I've seen some tour agencies that have horse drawn carriage tours. Are there any right at the ship? And can you hop on one without booking in advance? Will those operators take US $???

Questions, questions...... We'll be there in the evening on the last Saturday in June.

Is there much to do right near the port? Shopping, pubs, or????

I've seen some tour agencies that have horse drawn carriage tours. Are there any right at the ship? And can you hop on one without booking in advance? Will those operators take US $???

Questions, questions...... We'll be there in the evening on the last Saturday in June.

i was in a hotel after cruise by the waterfront not port. plenty of bars. .boat rides right there, stores clsoe in town around 6.

can not answer about carriage ride. .check the Victoria website.. i did a castle tour in the morning before i ferried to vancouver

Just off the dock is a PUB that's it.

20 min walk to Inner Harbour or $7.00 return shuttle by bus or $2.50 return by city bus from outside the gate.

Stores and most attractions will be open.

The carriages are normally right downtown near the Grand Pacific Hotel, next to the Parliment building, there are quite a few of them all sitting on one street waiting to be hired, they may have some by the ships as well when they are in town. I will take a look when I walk near there tomorrow and see if I notice any.

Thanks to everyone who took time to post.

The carriages are normally right downtown near the Grand Pacific Hotel, next to the Parliment building, there are quite a few of them all sitting on one street waiting to be hired, they may have some by the ships as well when they are in town. I will take a look when I walk near there tomorrow and see if I notice any.

I guess this hotel is within walking distance, or a short cab ride?

LOL, thanks, but that map shows 4 different sites that appear to be ship piers. Which one would NCL be using on a Saturday evening?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&ll=48.417809,-123.377752&spn=0.014441,0.042529&z=15

The one labeled "Cruise Terminal" (you can just click the icon on the left), as opposed to the ones labeled "Harbour Ferry".

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&ll=48.417809,-123.377752&spn=0.014441,0.042529&z=15

The one labeled "Cruise Terminal" (you can just click the icon on the left), as opposed to the ones labeled "Harbour Ferry".

Thanks, I'm an engineer, that solution wasn't complicated enough for me to see.

All of the cruise ships tie up at the Ogden Point cruise terminal. The direct walk into town is about 20 mins. For fun on Thursday I walked into the Inner Harbour along the water route, it's well marked, which was very nice walk on a lovely day. As I am limping right now (a sports injury;)) it took me about 40 mins; I was quite content to pay the $1.60 senior's bus fare back on the #30 bus.

I will attach a couple of links for the horse drawn carriages.

The cab fare from downtown to the pier is posted at $8.50.

www.victoriacarriage.com/

http://www.tallyhotours.com/

I did the waterfront walk back from the city core but had to stop at Barb's fish and chips to replenish my dehydrating body.

It was a lovely date and was lucky enough to see the COHO leave the inner harbour and sail pass the cruise ships and then head across the Strait to Port Angeles.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived