To Cruise Critic

EXCUSE ME IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST THIS REQUEST BY i HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO DO IT.

I am part of a group with many including myself trying to register for the Meet and Mingle.

We got a message back "Only purchased reservations can registered for Meet and Mingle".

We all have purchased and paid full deposits. I called Royal Caribbean and got passed from one department to another.

Final answer is that I should get in touch with the cruise critic as they control it.

Question is how do I contact the Cruise Critic what do you need to get us registered???

EXCUSE ME IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST THIS REQUEST BY i HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO DO IT.

I am part of a group with many including myself trying to register for the Meet and Mingle.

We got a message back "Only purchased reservations can registered for Meet and Mingle".

We all have purchased and paid full deposits. I called Royal Caribbean and got passed from one department to another.

Final answer is that I should get in touch with the cruise critic as they control it.

Question is how do I contact the Cruise Critic what do you need to get us registered???

To the best of my knowledge, you must be paid in full to register for a M&M.

You may, however, participate in a Roll Call on these boards.

I have always registered well before final payment. All one needs is a reservation number for their cruise to sign up for the connections party if it is working properly.

When is your cruise? If it's too far out you cannot register for the M & M. All you need is your booking number, ship name and sailing date. Final payment does not have to be paid to register. I think if your cruise is more that a year in the future you can't register. Try again when you're closer to sail date.

No you don't have to be paid in full . I have four cruises booked , only deposits paid, all registered for M&M:D

I was able to register for M & M and my cruise isn't paid in full and it was over a year away when I registered. All I needed was a confirmation number so they could confirm I had a cruise booked.

D

The cruise must be a 7 day or longer cruise. Meet and Mingles are not for cruises less than 7 days.

If you are trying to register for a 3, 4, 5 or 6 night cruise you will not be able to register.

The cruise must be a 7 day or longer cruise. Meet and Mingles are not for cruises less than 7 days.

If you are trying to register for a 3, 4, 5 or 6 night cruise you will not be able to register.

They are posting on the 11/27/2010 9 night enchantment roll call, so that should not be the issue.

Since you are part of a group, maybe someone else already registered with the reservation number? But then I would think the message would say that you are already registered!

i got the same message and same answer from royal last weekend.

it is for my liberty 09/19/2010

had no problem registering for my voyager cruise and it is in 4/11

Thanks for all the responses but none apply to situationn

We all have different reservation numbers

Sailing is on Enchantment 11/27/10 and about 4 non-group have successfully signed up.

I have not heard from the Cruise Critic even though RCCL said they control the M & M and shoulkd be contacted

ADR1204 and Bluey258 are have the same problem, Have you two reseolved it yet? If yes what did you do?

How do I contact the Cruise Critic Host for this thread?

I know someone else that is having trouble registering for the Liberty 09/19/2010 sailing too. So you are not alone. Must be some sort of computer glitch. It wouldn't be the first time.

Sailing is on Enchantment 11/27/10 and about 4 non-group have successfully signed up.

I have not heard from the Cruise Critic even though RCCL said they control the M & M and shoulkd be contacted

ADR1204 and Bluey258 are have the same problem, Have you two reseolved it yet? If yes what did you do?

Community@cruisecritic.COM

I am on the 9/19/10 Liberty sailing and was able to register for the M&M a month or so ago. We have not made our final payment yet. This is odd. :confused:

I had the same problem recently and I think it was due to one of two things. First, I booked my cruise through an online travel agency and was probably considered to have received a "group" fare. The TA has to release the "group" in order for you to sign up for the M&M. Second, and I think this was the problem, the RCI website, even after my TA released the "group" status, needed to be refreshed. They probably refresh the website over the weekend, maybe on Sunday. Have you checked your reservation online? Mine showed as being "on hold" even though the cruise was paid for. It took a couple of weeks before the reservation showed as confirmed. This is the first time that this has happened to me even though I've booked through the same TA before and have signed up for M&Ms right after booking. I truly think that it was an RCI website issue. Anyway, I'd call my TA and ask about the "group" issue and if they say that you're confirmed, just keep trying.

This is from the Celebrity website, FAQs:

Why isn't my Booking ID/Reservation Number being accepted for registration?

Subject: Cruise Critic Connections

The number you provided may not be an actual Celebrity Cruises Booking ID, but rather an identifier assigned to you by your travel agent, which may happen if you are part of a group if that is your Travel Agent's policy. Please contact your travel agent to confirm your Celebrity Cruises Booking ID/Reservation Number that will be valid for the registration process.

This is from the RCI website:

Q: How can we ask other questions about the Meet & Mingle?

A: Any questions or comments related to Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle may be emailed to Xplora@rccl.com

That happened with us as well one time when we booked a group cruise. Apparently a group number isn't the same as an RCI confirmation number.

Even if you are part of a group you will still have an individual reservation number. It will be different than the group ID. I know you will need to use your individual reservation ID to register for the M&M. I'm not sure what issues being part of a group causes. We are part of a group for our October cruise and I was able to register for the M&M no problem. That was many months ago though. Maybe something has changed?

i am still not able to register. i think it has to be because we are all booked with a group. i also belive it is royal website that is stopping us.

when i called about this they told me same thing to contract cruise critic. passing the buck i think.

i go you one more. it wont even let me book shore excursions when i am loged into my reservation.

it says

Beverage Packages

In order to make a reservation for this selection, you must make at least one payment towards your cruise vacation.

Shore & Land Excursions

In order to make a reservation for this selection, you must make at least one payment towards your cruise vacation.

well they sure took my 500 deposit. guess they just dont want anymore of my money for things on the ship.

i called royal about this problem to.

they said o there is nothing wrong with your booking we just dont know why this is happening. my ta even tired going in from her computer in another state.so it isn't my computer.

i think it sucks that they cant figure it out and dont even act like they want to. like i said i will just keep my money for something else.lolol

I had the same problem recently and I think it was due to one of two things. First, I booked my cruise through an online travel agency and was probably considered to have received a "group" fare. The TA has to release the "group" in order for you to sign up for the M&M. Second, and I think this was the problem, the RCI website, even after my TA released the "group" status, needed to be refreshed. They probably refresh the website over the weekend, maybe on Sunday. Have you checked your reservation online? Mine showed as being "on hold" even though the cruise was paid for. It took a couple of weeks before the reservation showed as confirmed. This is the first time that this has happened to me even though I've booked through the same TA before and have signed up for M&Ms right after booking. I truly think that it was an RCI website issue. Anyway, I'd call my TA and ask about the "group" issue and if they say that you're confirmed, just keep trying.

This is from the Celebrity website, FAQs:

Why isn't my Booking ID/Reservation Number being accepted for registration?

Subject: Cruise Critic Connections

The number you provided may not be an actual Celebrity Cruises Booking ID, but rather an identifier assigned to you by your travel agent, which may happen if you are part of a group if that is your Travel Agent's policy. Please contact your travel agent to confirm your Celebrity Cruises Booking ID/Reservation Number that will be valid for the registration process.

This is from the RCI website:

Q: How can we ask other questions about the Meet & Mingle?

A: Any questions or comments related to Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle may be emailed to Xplora@rccl.com

i just sent a email with a copy of this url for here to them. maybe they can help we will see,

My wife and I are also booked as part of a group, and even though we're paid up past the "deposit" point, we still cannot enroll in the M&M. I've posted about this on our "roll call" (FOS, 10/24) - and found that others have been able to enroll, even tho they haven't put as much down as we have. It must have something to do with the fact that my TA (the group "holder") hasn't sold all of his assigned cabins, and hasn't turned the unsold cabins back in. If I'm right, then we should be able to enroll once he hits his deadline and turns his unsold cabins back in - I believe he said that would be in mid-June. So even tho our reservation number is specific to us, it must still take into account the block of unsold cabins. Nothing else makes much sense. It would be nice if CC would confirm that, however.

Archived