NFL Football on Television?

rogerwaters

Yep, they'll be showing sports in O'Sheehan's and from time to time they also show sports on the big 2 story high screen in the atrium.

Don't count on the atrium screen though, I've read they showed the Superbowl on those screens last year but don't think they do it for regular games.

Very little chance. If it was the superbowl yes. Regional games will not be delivered to the ship. You should have ESPN to keep track of the score.

Did they not announce that they'll be showing sporting events at O'Sheehan's?

Did they not announce that they'll be showing sporting events at O'Sheehan's?

Yes and expect what every ESPN is covering. World Cup Soccer, Maybe Sunday/Monday Night football or Fox Baseball game of the week but not regional baseball of football games.

rogerwaters,

While the ship will probably carry some games, don't count on them carrying the Raven's game unless it is the East Coast network's main game. But you should at least be able to catch highlights.

Believe me, I feel your pain. Last Jan we sailed the Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore and they didn't have our last regular season game which we needed to win to secure our playoff birth. The cruise director set me up in the ship's library where I used my laptop and DirecTV SuperFan app to listen to/watch the game with a bunch of other Ravens fans. (They kindly refunded me for the minutes.)

If you need somebody to keep your seat warm let me know. ;):D

rogerwaters,

While the ship will probably carry some games, don't count on them carrying the Raven's game unless it is the East Coast network's main game. But you should at least be able to catch highlights.

Believe me, I feel your pain. Last Jan we sailed the Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore and they didn't have our last regular season game which we needed to win to secure our playoff birth. The cruise director set me up in the ship's library where I used my laptop and DirecTV SuperFan app to listen to/watch the game with a bunch of other Ravens fans. (They kindly refunded me for the minutes.)

If you need somebody to keep your seat warm let me know. ;):D

haha.......we already traded our 2 Ravens opening day tickets for 4 Phillies tickets. :)

i am hoping to catch the game somewhere. i never would have guessed the ravens home opener would be the 4th sunday in september. we purposely chose a sail date at the end of september, thinking the 1st home game would be on one of the first 3 weeks of that month. ahhh well. now i hope it rains game day since i can't be there. haha......

On both cruises during football season we were on (Bahamas '08 & Carib '09) they had NFL games on the TV and on the big screen in the Crystal Atrium. 3 games for the Sunday time slots and MNF. You do not get a choice of what games will be aired and I don't know how they decide which ones to show. They were listed in the "Music Everywhere" section of the Freestyle Daily. I remember on our cruise MNF was Ravens @ Packers (we watched it in the flat screen in the Bali Hai Bar). It seemed they had the biggest games in each of the 1:00 and 4:00 time slots and the FNIA and MNF games. So, I would say depending on the time of the game you do have a chance. Big Rex Ryan fan here btw, see ya Mon, 9/13:)

On both cruises during football season we were on (Bahamas '08 & Carib '09) they had NFL games on the TV and on the big screen in the Crystal Atrium. 3 games for the Sunday time slots and MNF. You do not get a choice of what games will be aired and I don't know how they decide which ones to show. They were listed in the "Music Everywhere" section of the Freestyle Daily. I remember on our cruise MNF was Ravens @ Packers (we watched it in the flat screen in the Bali Hai Bar). It seemed they had the biggest games in each of the 1:00 and 4:00 time slots and the FNIA and MNF games. So, I would say depending on the time of the game you do have a chance. Big Rex Ryan fan here btw, see ya Mon, 9/13:)

Rex Ryan is awesome and I miss him being here. 9/13 will be a good one, for sure!!!

Thanks for the info. Keeping fingers crossed I get to see the game while on board!

The Star allowed me to choose what game I wanted to see. I just went a few days early to let them know and they had it on for us in a bar.

On the Spirit, you really did not have any options. I am not sure if it is the person, or the ship that matters.

I've never been on a cruise before, and am incredibly bummed out after realizing I am missing the home opener for the Baltimore Ravens. (I'm a season holder). Any chance they will have the games on tv at one of the bars?

I am on the same Epic sailing that you going to be on.

The ships get the NFL games, but what specific game is fed to the ship over the satellite is out of their control. There should be a game on, but it might not be the specific game that you want. However, it will be relatively easy to monitor the score and you will also see the half-time and post-game highlights.

Please stop over to the Roll Call and join the group for our sailing!

Archived