Gem Laundry Bag What Day?

mp8shnt

Getting down to the wire - leaving in less than a week for Venice to Venice on the Gem....need to start thinking about what I am packing and cannot remember what day the magic little laundry bags (discount) show up on a cruise starting on a Saturday. Is it Tuesday? And what is the Lattitudes price?

Thank you!

Price was $25 for everyone, clothes collected on Wed. and returned Friday afternoon. They did a nice job. We decided next time to send a few items earlier in the week if we had been traveling pre cruise. By the time they had the special, we were almost going home.

Yes, we were on the same cruise and it was $25 for everyone, and it was made clear that clothes would be returned Friday afternoon. This was no help to us, I can do laundry when I get home and had hoped it would be early enough in the week to allow us to pack less. We ended up sending a few things out at regular laundry prices.

And what is the Lattitudes price?

From the NCL website:

Gold & Platinum Laundry

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive 25% off retail price of bulk bag laundry service. Discount will be reflected on final bill which will be issued at the end of your Cruise. Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with 1 bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost. Any additional bulk bag laundry service requested will be provided to Platinum members at 25% off retail price of the bulk bag laundry service. Any requests by Gold or Platinum members for bulk bag laundry services must be made pursuant to the terms of the promotion guidelines. To resolve any billing discrepancies, guest must visit the Latitudes representative.

NCL shall in no way be held responsible for the occurrence of any of the following through the use of the bulk bag laundry service:

• NCL is not responsible for clothing that bleeds, shrinks, or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.
  • NCL is not responsible for lost articles of clothing unless proven that NCL was responsible for the loss.
  • NCL is not responsible for garments labeled "hand wash only" or "dry clean only" and is not responsible for checking for these labels in Platinum Member's garments.
  • NCL is not responsible for loss of or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or bags such as money, jewelry, or anything else.
  • NCL reserves the right to refuse cleaning any garment.
  • NCL does not guarantee removal of all stains.

Thank you all for the responses. It helps us as we are off to Flornece for a few days after the trip and back to Venice for another night. So I will pack a little lighter :)

Even though you shouldn't count on receiving the laundry until 2 days later, last summer, the $25.00 special bag of clothes were returned for us the next day by noon. It was greatly appreciated. So, it can happen -- but I agree with everyone -- you can't count on it.

Judy

Archived