new prohibited item list

smd1234

They must have fallen and bumped their heads!!!! Any blow dryer that is worth more than $2 is 1800 watts of pure flame thrower and my waist length hair can't deal with anything less. Maybe i will bust out the paint and just paint over the numbers?

Ya know, all of this crap you have to deal with, these restrictions...it's enough to make me never want to cruise again. I haven't even sailed yet and I am already annoyed with this stuff. So far, it seems like flying out of country was way less of a hassle than this will be.

Have you read the post? They are not restricted as long as they are in good working order.

I'm happy that Heely's are banned - no more kids posing a safety hazard with them!

But the hairdryer issue is not to much of a fuss - I have shorter hair, so I can just dry it naturally. I don't know how Muetti, who also sailed with me with Carnival thrice since my very first cruise at 6, feels about this because she usually dries her hair with a hairdryer after showers....

My bad. I've quoted the wrong post. Sorry.

Just off Elation cruise--put my fan in my suitcase and made it to my room ok..and thank goodness it did! Had inside room and between "hot flashes" and them cycling the A/C off and on in the rooms, the fan was definitely a necessity.

Needing a fan only for "White Noise?" :rolleyes:--in my dreams!

Have you read the post? They are not restricted as long as they are in good working order.

I have always had a hair dryer on the wall hanging in the bathroom. Did they take them out of the cabins???

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Back to the fan and power strip issue.... :cool:

Right on!! I will quit bringing my noisy old fan on board when they start muzzling the 120-decibel drunks in the hallways at 2AM. If they think my fan is a safety hazard, wait until take it away.

I merely become a safety hazard; DW becomes a death machine:D

They must have fallen and bumped their heads!!!! Any blow dryer that is worth more than $2 is 1800 watts of pure flame thrower and my waist length hair can't deal with anything less. Maybe i will bust out the paint and just paint over the numbers?

Ya know, all of this crap you have to deal with, these restrictions...it's enough to make me never want to cruise again. I haven't even sailed yet and I am already annoyed with this stuff. So far, it seems like flying out of country was way less of a hassle than this will be.

So let's review.... you're leaving home for a week (more or less), and when you get where you're going, you'll unpack once; after that, they'll wait on you hand and foot for that entire week (cooking, cleaning, entertaining the kids, etc.) while they haul you all over the Caribbean/Mediterranean/<your favorite cruise region here>... and the idea - NOT the fact, you haven't sailed yet! - that the cruise line might restrict what you can bring on board makes you never want to cruise again??? Gimme a break! No disrespect - I just plain don't believe you.

And if it really does make you stay home, well, it's your loss - like I responded earlier to another poster, great! more Bitter and Blanc for me! :D

On the other hand, I (and probably others on this thread) have many times stood in line, shoeless, one-quart ziploc in hand, at airport security and wondered whether the terrorists are actually winning..... :mad:

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Back to the fan and power strip issue.... :cool:

No issue here. Hair dryer, fan, and power strip and I am good to go. According to the new Carnical rules, if these items are in a good state of working order (no frayed wires, no tape repair, etc.) and are safe to use at home, then they should be fine on your cruise and can be taken onboard. At least Carnival heard our cry and didn't ban most of the stuff that we wanted to carry on.....as long as it is it not likely to cause a fire. That's fair enough. :)

The problem is, who decides if anything is in good condition or not! My daughters small portable fan was taken away (fairly new) and no one could say why it was a safety issue but no she couldn't have it back. Until we explained it was for health reasons. But others in the group got buy and theirs were not as new as my daughter's.

If I board their ship and they take my hair appliances away, then I'm going to ruin someone else's night by walking into the dinning room with my new messy hair look :)

The problem is, who decides if anything is in good condition or not! My daughters small portable fan was taken away (fairly new) and no one could say why it was a safety issue but no she couldn't have it back. Until we explained it was for health reasons. But others in the group got buy and theirs were not as new as my daughter's.

If I board their ship and they take my hair appliances away, then I'm going to ruin someone else's night by walking into the dinning room with my new messy hair look :)

The list has changed since your cruise and the folks at Carnival are making sure that the word is getting out to all of the ports and all of the ships.

I hope, can't guarantee, that the new restrictions will be applied properly on every cruise from here on.

:)

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/112166/577770.aspx

AHHHHH!

No more clothes steamers and maybe you can take your hair straightener. sounds like they can pick and choose where they enforce the rules

WISHY WASHY!

this is an excellent and long over due revision of this policy. There are way too many clowns bringing things that don't belong on ships. Hot plates, microwaves, toaster ovens etc... it's all ridiculous. Make sure your products are in good shape and you wont have a problem.

Oh and good job on stepping up booze smuggling enforcement. They have all the booze you need available on board for purchase.

Just off Elation cruise--put my fan in my suitcase and made it to my room ok..and thank goodness it did! Had inside room and between "hot flashes" and them cycling the A/C off and on in the rooms, the fan was definitely a necessity.

Needing a fan only for "White Noise?" :rolleyes:--in my dreams!

all fans should definately be banned. There is no reason to bring a fan onboard ever.

Just checked the list.......I can still bring my charcoal grill and barbeque on the balcony..........yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Woo hoo! I think we can get some marshmallows in the candy jugs at Formalities... :D

I'm guessing that CCL is doing this to fulfill an insurance requirement. Okay, done. But, CCL, understand that the "clear-as-mud" regs that other posters have commented on, will negate your intentions should you choose to use them in a dispute.

The whole prohibited carry-on thing is just burning me, as a lover of cruises and the cruise industry. Of course, weapons, drugs, etc. need to be banned, as they are in most venues.

Unlike the airline industry, which is normally the only main source of transit in our large country, and has become a price-driven commodity, NO ONE HAS to take a cruise. It's a vacation that we choose to take. But we could easily grow weary of the rules and regulations thing that could easily shift our vacation dollars to other modes.

all fans should definately be banned. There is no reason to bring a fan onboard ever.

I disagree with you. There are people that need them for health reasons. In fact, I have 3 friends who bring one with them on all their cruises for this specific reason.

I have the worst hair ever for humid climates - but NOTHING will ever keep me from going on the best, most relaxing vacation possible - my cruise. As a matter of fact, it might be a relief for me not to have to worry about my hair for once!

On my previous cruises, there have been times when I wondered if I left my curling iron on. And then I thought of all the hundreds of cabins and all the other women who might have left their curling iron on. Now, if I know that my cabin steward is watching for this, I will MAKE SURE to turn off my curling iron for sure. And I will unplug all devices before leaving my cabin. I will then happily hide these devices in my suitcase (once they cool, of course!). And if this policy forces many others to do the same, then that is all for the better - because there is nothing worse than fire at sea - and I am all for regulations that are designed to prevent this. No one should leave many items plugged in while they are away from the cabin.

The list has changed since your cruise and the folks at Carnival are making sure that the word is getting out to all of the ports and all of the ships.

I hope, can't guarantee, that the new restrictions will be applied properly on every cruise from here on.

:)

Can we expect a Carnival Rep at the point of entry of the cruise terminal by chance , to inform what some would refer to as Port Authority (loosely phrased) what is ok to board the ship .

Because everyone knows they tend to do as they please .

When Carnival let us have fans , I would bring one , on any given cruise upon entry to the terminal one would say that is not allowed , it won't fit in xray , I told them yes it will It has been on 4 cruises already and it fit each and every other time , and it did . But they did get my power strip , brand new one too . 1200 Joule Rating still wrapped , go figure .

Good for you that you've never had reason to understand why a small fan can be necessary. Some of us have medical conditions that allow us to still travel from time to time, but that affect body temperature regulation. It's (no pun) hell to try to sleep while drenched with sweat in a cool room. A small fan aimed directly at me does more to help that then A/C ever could. With it, I can sleep, covered with a sheet (I can't sleep without "something" over my shoulders), even when my auto-immune response goes haywire. I'm also guessing you've never had a hot flash. Truth is that I haven't either, but can look forward to it in the next few years. Can't wait to add those to my current night sweats. Also, some people have severe tinnitus and need the white noise to tune it out and get to sleep.

The bottom line is that your blanket statement is based on the idea that because you don't need a fan, then no one ever could. And it's simply not correct.

beachchick

Just one more reason we don't sail on Carnival, is the cabin staff going to root in the drawers for "banned" items??? What's next, random pat downs on board, strip searches???

I have to wonder why one would even be on this board that doesn't sail Carnival? What purpose do you have over here other than to try to ruffle Carnival fans feathers?

Just one more reason we don't sail on Carnival, is the cabin staff going to root in the drawers for "banned" items??? What's next, random pat downs on board, strip searches???

I don't see that happening. But it would appear that your mind is already made up, so at least this gives you more validation.

Tom

Archived