Josh Waitzman CD

BcIcemen

Has anyone had him before as a CD?

.....I've had him as an ACD and a CD and both times he made the cruises very enjoyable.

If all goes according to plan, he'll just happen to be my CD on my end of summer cruise.

Please John, if you're reading this, don't change his schedule.

:D

wasiii

I too really enjoy sailing with "Big Sexy". We had one hellava time with him aboard "Miracle" recently, and it's amazing how he remembers so many of us who have sailed with him in the past! (I can't even remember what I did yesterday.) :mad: I wish he was assigned to one ship so I could keep track of him more easily. That way, I could sail with "Big Sexy" more often. :D

Ken

"SKY"

We also cruised on the Miracle, the same week as Skymaster, and had Big Sexy. We have had several CDs in the past that I enjoyed more due to their musical talent but also enjoyed Big Sexy. He was very easy to talk to before the shows etc. I believe you will like him.

He was CD on our last Inspiration cruise. We were impressed how he was able to handle some very difficult circumstances. There were two cruises in a row that had issues with embarkation/debarkation times due to fog in Tampa. We were very late leaving on debarkation (9PM) and late arriving back (3PM). So he had some ornery passengers. We talked to him one of the days for about 20 minutes and he was very friendly. We were having a hard time getting into karaoke and he offered to "bump" the line for us. Very gracious offer - but we refused as we didn't want to be "those people". :)

I think you will enjoy him as CD.

DW & I had the pleasure of "cruising" with Josh, aka, "Big Sexy" while aboard the Carnival Miracle some time back. We really loved his sense of humor and his friendly manner. If you want to make "points' with him, know that he is a "die hard" Chicago Cubs fan, probably the biggest fan at sea.

I never had him as a CD, but we had him on a cruise a few years back when he was ACD. I have to say, we liked him better than the CD, and he had more "presence" than the CD. He seemed to attract crowds to whatever activities he was hosting. I'd love to be on a cruise where he's CD. They must be great! :cool:

Josh is the best CD I have ever had! He seemed to be everywhere, and always had a few minutes to chat. Our Roll Call had a Meet and Greet on our first sea day which 2 fabulous men organized (thanks Scott and Ed). To our surprise, Josh organized a farewell meeting for us on our last sea day. Very thoughtful of him!

Enjoy your cruise

My DH and I are the type of people that really enjoy the CD/ACD and they do to some extent have an impact on how much we enjoy our cruises. It doesn't 'make it or break it' for us... but we do enjoy those who go out of their way to get to know the passengers, etc...

Back a couple of years ago, we were on the Carnival Miracle when Josh (aka Big Sexy) was an Assistant CD to Chris Jefferson. (don't get me started on Chris! I know he was extremely busy and had a lot of responsibilities but he just never seemed to make an effort to interract with the passengers). Anyway, from the very start of our cruise to the very end, Josh made our cruise! We attended every game, every function he was in charge of, and he always welcomed us as if we were his bestest of friends! Made us feel as if we had won the golden ticket to cruise. (In fact, during one of the 'shows', he noticed we weren't sitting in our 'regular' seats in the main theater and asked the couple who were sitting there to let us have our seats back. We kept shaking our heads and saying no, but he was so insistent! The crowd was in stitches, the poor couple couldn't move fast enough to relinguish 'our seats', and we knew this was going to be our best cruise ever! ) And it has been thanks to Big Sexy!

So... if I can find a way to save enough money to cruise in November, we will not only be able to finally live the 'DREAM' but Josh will be our CD! Now that's exciting...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We will be sailing with him next Saturday on the Dream.

I'm pleased to read all the positive reports -- but I have one question... what's up with the nickname?

Looking at the dates of posts on this thread - it would appear it has comeback TWICE!

Tom

I had the pleasure of having him as my CD on the dream last week. Man so far he is the best one! He was friendly and open about what he is and where he came from. He was there for our groups cocktail parties and other events. Helped organized a veteran day meet and greet for cruising veterans. He treated his staff and fellow crews and cruisers as family. I would love to sail with him again. I got him as my facebook friend so I can keep updated on his next assignments and any special things in his life.I loved it when he and his assistant george were around. I hope that helps.

Pam;)

Archived