I know all of us love Carnival, but if you...

Tapi

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

I know exactly what you are saying!! I can't justify the price differences either!!!!:D

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

Never . . . I think that even Spirit class ships are bordering on being too big I am not going on Oasis even if it was half the price.

We like the European itinerary, and Carnival pulling out of Europe except for breaking in new ships is a disappointment. I do not think the other lines are worth the extra money, but if the cost was the same, the Platinum cruiser would come into play. One disappointment with Carnival is that our Platinum status means nothing even on cruiseline owed by Carnival. We would take several cruises on Costa if they would honor the Platinum status, instead of waiting for new ships to be built so we could jump on them before they abandoned Europe. The fact that ALL Carnival cruises are USA/Caribbean based is a problem. We hope they would home port at least one ship in London or Rome. We have looked at other lines for Europe/Australia, etc. We just hope Carnival comes to their senses and does some other itineraries.

Archived