Removing a passenger before final payment?

My sister wants to book next Tuesday, but is not sure what to do with your 20 year old daughter. Is it best to include her in on the reservation (triple occupancy) and then remove her if she decides not to go?

She is booking for Christmas 2011, so it is a long way off and she thinks the prices with just go up, she is afraid the new fare will be much higher if she adds her at a later date.

My sister wants to book next Tuesday, but is not sure what to do with your 20 year old daughter. Is it best to include her in on the reservation (triple occupancy) and then remove her if she decides not to go?

She is booking for Christmas 2011, so it is a long way off and she thinks the prices with just go up, she is afraid the new fare will be much higher if she adds her at a later date.

I don't have a 20-year old daughter, and I don't think that she'd want to cruise with your sister if I did, but I am going to assume that you mean either "her" or "our".

If your sister doesn't mind tying up $250, the easiest thing is to book it for three, and then just cancel by September 20-something if she must, whatever date is 90 days before your saildate, which is the date on which her final payment will be due.

the easiest thing is to book it for three, and then just cancel by September 20-something if she must, whatever date is 90 days before your saildate, which is the date on which her final payment will be due.

Ha ha, :Dyes, typo, sorry!

So there won't be a problem taking her off the reservation? No change fees, fines, etc.?

You might want to mention there might be three of you as some cabins only accomodate 2

but you can add her later, the third person rate is a lot lower than the other two. Hope this helps:)

I would think it would be easier to go ahead and make the reservation and then changing it later if need be. I think there might be a fee involved for reservation changes but thats a lot easier to deal with as opposed to possibly not having a stateroom at all.

I looked up the RCCL customer service number and it is

1 866 562 7625.

It's been my experienced that the customer service is always good and I am sure they will be quite helpful with any questions / concerns that you might have.

Happy Cruising!!!

I would think it would be easier to go ahead and make the reservation and then changing it later if need be. I think there might be a fee involved for reservation changes but thats a lot easier to deal with as opposed to possibly not having a stateroom at all.

I looked up the RCCL customer service number and it is

1 866 562 7625.

It's been my experienced that the customer service is always good and I am sure they will be quite helpful with any questions / concerns that you might have.

Happy Cruising!!!

Thanks for the number. I called and they said the deposit on the 3rd guest would be 100% refunded if they cancel outside final payment date.

I see that you found out about the deposit being refunded, but another reason to book the daughter now is that perhaps if she decides later to go, there won't be space for her on the ship. My dad travels as a single and pays 2x the cruise fare. He decided on one cruise to have a friend travel with him as he had to pay for 2 anyway. (Except for gov fees) He had booked the cabin months in advance and it was only about 2 months or less before the cruise when he wanted to add the friend.

He was told he couldn't as the ship's capacity was sold out. It was sold out by 3 or 4 people being in cabins. So, even though he paid for 2, he couldn't have anyone else with him. I would hate to see that kind of thing happen as Christmas is a busy time.

Pay the deposit and book her, and if necessary, the worst is the deposit will be refunded to the original credit card. Enjoy!

Tuesday is WOW sale so 1/2 deposits.

Ditto...wait till Tuesday...book all 3 of you and only pay 1/2 the deposit plus get onboard credit...then you haven't tied up so much money for a cruise over a year away!

Archived