Key West: been there, done that, what next?

Is there anything new and exciting to try in Key West? Although it is a beautiful port, we've been there for the last 4 out of 6 cruises with RCI. I've seen all the popular stuff... famous homes and museums, trolley tours, conch, Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville... I can only shop in cheap clothing shops so many times. The weather has been iffy the last couple of times and the sail tours were often cancelled. I would love to try the Fury or another tour that I can book on own, but we're only in port from 7am-2pm. Is there anything we can due that would fit this time restraint?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There is a butterfly preserve down by the southern most motel and you can always stop in at the original Pan Am ticket office for an on-site brewed beer at (actress Kelly McGillis) Kelly's Caribbean Bar & Grill. Of course, the best time to be in Key West is for the Hemingway Festival or Fantasy Fest!

Go to the Hogsbreath and call all your friends and family and they can see you on the website! Our college freshman daughter is still trying to get over seeing her parents on the internet at a bar in Key West! Also stop at Kinos for homemade sandles for under $10. Right next door to the Hogsbreath

Maybe..you could pick another ship thats not stopping there?The only ships I see stopping there now are Enchantment and Jewel,which are basically doing every other week,and the Rhapsody,who will begin every other week in May.Seems like plenty to picj from.

Did the Fury Snorkel last year and it was great - better than some I have done in Hawaii. They have their own website and you can save by booking there - you will be on the same boat with the RC-booked people.

The office where you check in, and the boat, are right there where you dock, assuming its the same place as last year. Just double check with them about the timing of the AM, trip, but I think it will fit your schedule.

Is there anything new and exciting to try in Key West? Although it is a beautiful port, we've been there for the last 4 out of 6 cruises with RCI. I've seen all the popular stuff... famous homes and museums, trolley tours, conch, Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville... I can only shop in cheap clothing shops so many times. The weather has been iffy the last couple of times and the sail tours were often cancelled. I would love to try the Fury or another tour that I can book on own, but we're only in port from 7am-2pm. Is there anything we can due that would fit this time restraint?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We did a kayaking tour last time we were there and had a great time.

We're thinking of trying this while we are in Key West in June..

http://www.jungletour.com/HTML/jungle_mainframe.htm

Majesty of the Seas in...

Why not rent a personal watercraft. There are a couple of outfits that will take you on a circle island trip, you will go thru mangrove and old submarine pens, etc. Then they let you just ride. Personally, letting a tourist loose in a boat with a prop scares me. Of course a tourist on a PWC scares me too. On second thought, .... ;)

jc

Archived