Beaches

DancingNancy_570

I have always had a fondness in my heart for special needs individuals. :D

Damn, let's hope none of them are filthy or unsavory!

Thanks for saying you won't set foot in WalMart yet you are a "QVC gal". I love it! LMAO!

Med school, a "young" man, and your own business? My, how do you even find time to cruise? And if you hate Cozumel so much, why do you go there? I'm sure you must be sophisticated enough to prefer St. Baart's or Fiji or something, at least! Why bother with such a lowly island as Cozumel?

Or is this all in your head? :D

I can support the above statement.:D In medical school, you have no life. In medical school you don't have any money. In medical school you don't have time to work. In medical school you don't have any standards of what is good and bad, you just want to get away. In medical school there is no such thing as sophistication. And to further this, In residency you don't have a time to work. In residency you don't have any standards of what is good and bad, you just want to get away. In residency.......well I think anyone here with a brain get's my point. One thing residency and medical school did teach me, was to appreciate absolutely everything and everyone around you. Live is far to precious, Miss Dancer, to go around on your high horse flamming everyone you come across. Like I said a few months ago. I hope you don't end up anywhere near the institution that I am a teaching staff at. I can smell a rat from a mile away.

Truly unimpressed with the CC responses.

To answer your question, I think you might try Palm Beach. Or perhaps skip the left coast all together and try Chen Rio or Coconuts for a change.

As for Paradise Beach, it isn't for everybody and there are a number of posts by others that express that feeling. It's unfortunate that CC Cozumel posters seem to have a problem with free thinkers. But that is their problem.

Whoa! Can't believe you didn't mention the 2 hour commute to med school??? :D

Again, I'm not trying to be mean... but this same person has done this before and I really don't want anyone thinking a beach is filthy or has unsavory people hanging around, from someone that has not been there.

JenX - Did she really say that - I beleive you , just can't find it.

If she did in fact say that this is what I have to say.

I have a special needs child and I actually take offense to that remark - I wouldn't let him ANYWHERE near you.

Cheryl, I can for a fact vouch that she said that. And it is offensive.

To answer your question, I think you might try Palm Beach. Or perhaps skip the left coast all together and try Chen Rio or Coconuts for a change.

As for Paradise Beach, it isn't for everybody and there are a number of posts by others that express that feeling. It's unfortunate that CC Cozumel posters seem to have a problem with free thinkers. But that is their problem.

Zydeco, I can see why you would be unimpressed... but this same poster has made quite a few enemies by not telling "the truth" before... and hurting alot of peoples feelings along the way... And since it is obvious from her very own post that she has never been to Paradise Beach, I don't think it is fair to call it filthy or unsavory. Just my opinion of course..

I'm sorry...you have to understand why the responses are what they are. This poster was on another board and started a thread that was nasty, and chock full of lies...ones she couldn't keep straight.

That thread was pulled or else I'd post a link for it so you could understand.

Yes Zydeco, it would be... like i said, there is a history here... of not telling the whole truth, etc... and when it was obvious that the poster had never been there, I don't care WHERE you are talking about, it's not fair to ANYONE here at CC to read something that isn't true.

You know something, I have not been to this beach, but have been to this Island. If I were looking for something to do, I would consult these boards as I trust what people here say. I have heard mostly positives about this place and find it bizarre that someone would come out of left field with her statements, and then lie about every being there. Come on, give me a break. Everyone is entitled to think what they want and say what they want, but be honest about it.

Now if the beach in question was any beach other than Paradise Beach, would there be this much BS?

You aren't getting it...there is a history here.

We had to hear some story about how this poster lived in a certain place with her 30 year old boyfriend...who turned out to suddely be 50.

She lived with her dying mother in one town...now her profile lists her as living quite a bit away from that town, in another....

she came onto the board asking about a cruiseline and then questioned if it would be beneath her to sail on it...because the boyfriend was a snob and she was afraid he wouldn't be happy because, after all, he is the president of some Fortune 500 company and commutes from this coal town in PA every day to NYC....shall I go on??????

Another thing, I have said it many times, Paradise Beach is not for everyone... as no beach is. These boards provide information to people looking to go to many beaches and I would not recommend it to everyone, as it's not a one beach fits all kind of place... but the reason it's not everyone's kind of place is certainly NOT because it is dirty or filthy, or has unsavory people hanging around and has trash all over the beach. Has anyone heard this before? Unlikely... generally, they may say it is crowded, not good snorkeling, service, etc... so it is highly unfair to anyone visiting ANY beach to get feedback from someone trying to stir the pot... The only beach I have ever said anything bad about was Playa Mia, and I gave the reasons as to why I felt that way, good for some, not for me... I have not been to every beach in Cozumel, and there could very well be some better... but I would like to hear feedback from people who had actually been to those beaches so I could make an informed decision...

shall I go on??????

You could ... but I will.

Don't forget to mention that in another thread she professes to own a counseling business, yet in this thread she is in med school?

Nancy, the problem with pathological liars is that you cannot keep your stories straight and forget to whom you told which lie to. Pretty soon it all comes crashing down around you.

Hmmm...

Is this an accurate,honest quote by JenX?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingNancy_570

Not exactly. Nor was another follow up post.

Here is the original post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2864952#post2864952

And the original thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127194

A whole lot of lies and misdirection going on in here by more than one person.

Whether or not someone is a troll is not the issue.

Hold on...I was at PB in late April 2004 cruising on the Explorer of the Seas. It was absolutely great and I thought it was very nice and as cleand as a beach gets...I was very pleased and so was my husband, son and the other couple who was with us. The service was excellent..the food was great and we never had to ask for a drink. Our son loved the hamocks and we had no problem finding a seat in the shade. We could have sat right near the water if we wanted to...almost all the chairs away from the tree shade had umbrellas the day we went. The bathrooms were very clean and I found the entire area well kept. I'm sorry someone would ever say they didn't like PB. I am really looking forward to going back there with my mom in the first week of May this year. I have bought a 4 night western caribbean cruise to Key West and Cozumel.

Tom...you've got my vote...and I'm bringing my mom along this time so you'll have yet another fan!

Hmmm...

Quote:

And the original thread.

Zydeco, I can only speak for myself.... I can understand why this might seem like everyone is "sticking up for PB", but it really isn't the case, as you will not that many people that have posted have said they have NOT been to PB... I think it's the credibility of the OP, who states many times she has been to PB and she is not "crazy" and knows where she has been, yet has another thread she started 2 weeks ago saying how she wants to go to PB and has never been there and wants to know all the details... There were alot of details that surrounded this in another thread that went "poof", so I think many people are just trying to make sure this poster does not yank anymore chains. I think you will agree that this is certainly not the place for that and every person here has the right to have their opinion, if they have actually BEEN to the beach in question....

Hmmm...

Quote:

And the original thread.

Listen, if you want to buy it...go ahead, it's understandable you'd come to her defense because you don't know all the facts. Not all the threads she started are available any longer because they were zapped by the powers that be.

I just hope that when she posted about a dying mother that at least THAT was the truth. I'd hate to think that someone could say such a think if it were false....the sad thing is, she told so many lies that you can't even believe that!!

Zydeco, see now, I really do feel bad and I don't want you to think that this is a lynch mob because of PB or everyone coming down on anyone that says anything bad about it... I know that has happened on this board, but that really is not the case here. I HONESTLY would not come down on someone for saying anything bad about PB, not my style, but I also want it to be a truthful and objective opinion, as I would anything... I really am a nice person :(

You could ... but I will.

Don't forget to mention that in another thread she professes to own a counseling business, yet in this thread she is in med school?

Nancy, the problem with pathological liars is that you cannot keep your stories straight and forget to whom you told which lie to. Pretty soon it all comes crashing down around you.

Tef...she claims to both own a counseling buisness...be a licensed psychologist and be going to med school.

Now, I have no idea if this is common...I'm no doctor and have never been to med school but I can't imagine doing both. I guess it's possible. I'm sure there are doctors on this board that would tell me straight.....OH! AND take care of a dying mother at the same time!! (almost forgot that!!)

If all this is true, :rolleyes: you have to admire her energy level for sure.

I never indicated I was buying anything.

I researched what evidence was available, and provided my own that a deliberate misquote was presented as "evidence". I fail to see a clear distinction between the accused and some of the accusers. That much is true and indisputable. I am underwhelmed by some of the responses.

That Paradise Beach could be "dirty" at some point in history is plausible; that it would be dealt with swifty is highly probable.

The OP asked a question. The extraneous material aside, why was the question not simply answered and move on? If the OP is a troll, or XYZ, or whatever, then this debate is probably providing great entertainment for them. I ask again, why not just answer the original question and move on, or ignore the original question and move on?

Archived