FOS - Dect Phone?

I have searched and not found any recent posts concerning DECT phones on FOS. We used them on the Mariner 2 years ago and they were great. Has anyone been able to rent them recently on FOS (other than suite guests)? Are they still available or has the program been discontinued?

I have searched and not found any recent posts concerning DECT phones on FOS. We used them on the Mariner 2 years ago and they were great. Has anyone been able to rent them recently on FOS (other than suite guests)? Are they still available or has the program been discontinued?

I posted the same question last week and didn't get any replies. We sail on FOS a week from Sunday and I would love to know if these dect phones are still available as we have teens traveling with us. These phones would be perfect for keeping tabs on them so I really hope they still have them available. Hopefully you will have better luck on getting a reply :-)

Dect phones are no longer available (and I was a suite guest). I was able to get a pager but those are issued only under special circumstances.

When I sailed Voyager of the Seas last year the phone were avialable thru the front desk. You can email royal caribbean and ask to reserve them. When we boarded the ship, they only had a few left; the front desk said most people reserved them prior to boarding the ship. I did get two phones for my 12 night cruise last May.

AF-1 - What department did you email/call? It would be worth a try to see if I can reserve them in advance. My daughter is 16 now and I want to be able to keep tabs on her when she is attending the teen club events.

On Mariner we only had one which I carried and she used any ship's phone to call me and let me know where she was, etc.

We were on FOS last July. I wanted to rent these too however, I was told by a front desk manager that they were no longer available. It had something to do with the contract expiring for them and RCCL not renewing it.

Lois

We were on FOS last July. I wanted to rent these too however, I was told by a front desk manager that they were no longer available. It had something to do with the contract expiring for them and RCCL not renewing it.

Lois

That's correct. On FOS it wasn't a matter of them being out of them, it was that they no longer had them.

• 1 month later...
That's correct. On FOS it wasn't a matter of them being out of them, it was that they no longer had them.

That's strange, because all they are is the phones that the staff use, just a cordless extention of the ships phone system, how are the crew communicating with other then?

That's strange, because all they are is the phones that the staff use, just a cordless extention of the ships phone system, how are the crew communicating with other then?

they still exist for staff, but are only used in open seas and at some ports. At some ports part of their staff communication system jumps to the cell towers (big roaming bills) and the only way to stop it is to use different form of communication.

my friend works on the freedom and was able to give his parents a staff issued phone.

so, unless you know someone working in the right department you are s.o.l. for a phone.

Archived