Question about US Airways, International flight

H2Otstr

Not sure where you are flying out of but when we flew out of Philly (A333), the entertainment system required the double prong earphone attachement which we natuarlly didn't have. So we purchased their earphones. Many had their own and had I known, would have bought before.

They did give out blankets (if you can call it that) and pillows.

This was last November but who knows what they charge for now.

Two years ago, they did provide blankets and pillows, but charged for earphones that you could keep. Funny domestic airlines all charged for earphones, the overseas carriers always provided them complimentary. Luckky I always kept the complimentary and used those.

YMMV this year as a lot has happened since I flew US to Europe two years ago, like them losing billions and billions :eek:

Are blankets and pillows provided on these flights? I know that there is a charge for cocktails, but is there also a charge for head/earphones?

A330-300 (not A300).

TYPO on my part :D.

(One piece of advise that my Mother told me, which I ignored, was LEARN TO TYPE. I told her I was going to be a scientist and had no need to learn to type.........little did I know :eek:.)

Two years ago, they did provide blankets and pillows, but charged for earphones that you could keep. Funny domestic airlines all charged for earphones, the overseas carriers always provided them complimentary. Luckky I always kept the complimentary and used those.

YMMV this year as a lot has happened since I flew US to Europe two years ago, like them losing billions and billions :eek:

Things may have changed, but for years the earphones were free on international flights, whether domestic or international carriers, while they were an added cost on domestic flights. Of course, booze was also free on international flights, but that is changing, with at least some U.S. carriers. As airlines continue to lose money, cuts will continue.

Archived