Special Tours for Elite

Emdee

I read somewhere that passengers with Elite equivalent status get a free tour. Can anyone confirm that. Will this be the behind the scenes tour or is ist something outside the ship.We are Elite and will be on our first A cruise in October.

A free external shore excursion is offered to elites on reunion cruises only

On board, you may be offered something like a bridge or engine room tour, though on Azamara these are also offered more widely

There have been reports coming back that many variations of behind the scenes tours have been offered to Le Club Voyage members.

Also a CruiseCritic.com member reported back that they has no frequent cruisers status with AZ, BUT they been offered a tours because they were part of the CruiseCritic meet and mingle.

Those tours could be...the bridge, the engine room, galley tour, behind the stage tours.

Usually they are done in small groups.

When you board the ship, stop by the pursurs desk and let them know you are interested.

When I booked direct with Azamara (I'm Elite with Celebrity, so Discoverer with AZ) I asked if these tours were possible as my DH is new to cruising and would LOVE them.

They said 90% of the time they are offered, but the Captain has the final word based on security and safety.

Hope this helps!

K.

I read somewhere that passengers with Elite equivalent status get a free tour. Can anyone confirm that. Will this be the behind the scenes tour or is ist something outside the ship.We are Elite and will be on our first A cruise in October.

Go to the meet & mingle for cruise critic and let them know which tours you would like. Azamara will be happy to put you on the list for a Bridge Tour, Engine Room, Galley etc. I ended up with multiple invitations being in the PH and they allowed me to give them to others. The only condition when I could not not make one of them was that they wanted 10 people so I gave names of others that I met on CC and for at least one it was their first time on Azamara or any RCCL ship. They were all too happy to schedule a second tour (I think it was of the engine room). On that one I was invited by the head of security. Btw, my DH though it was really boring.

Hi Jade,

Over the years I have done a few of these tours - they can be boring.

I heard one tour on a Regent ship where they had champagne and caviar in the Galley was a lot of fun though so they can be good.

Since the President is on our cruise they mentioned that there would be special stuff and one appeared to be a free excursion. Our first cruise on A so we will see whether we like it. Hated Oceania so hope that A is a better fit. Love Regent especially because of their large suites but its getting very expensive and we like to cruise a few times a year.

Thanks

Miriam

Hi Jade,

. Hated Oceania so hope that A is a better fit.

Thanks

Miriam

Miriam, can you give more details? Someone I work with goes on Oceania every year or so but she is going with her Mom who pays. Her DH does not wish to travel.

Archived