Carnival Triumph Pro's/Con's

LOVE Key West....LOVE St Thomas...Nassau will be ok if you have never been there.

Pros...it is a good size ship. We just sailed it in January and it is in good shape.

It is to early to tell who your CD will be....but the staff on our cruise was awesome.

We did not have any negatives that I can remember....

EXCEPT...if you sing karaoke and you are pitch dependent. The key changer on the CAVS was broken. I have requested it be replaced before we sail in October. (I sing a lot of karaoke and am VERY dependent on this feature since I have limited range.)

That is the only con... I can think of....

We were on it in September of 2009 and liked the ship. Our only issue (and we were warned on these message boards before we left) was that it was confusing as the dickens to get around. Even DH, who can find anything, got turned around a couple of times.

We were on it in March. To get around better, we figured out how to use the elevators. If you want the lido or buffet use the aft elevators. If you want the Rome lounge or shops use the bow elevator, and if you just want the promenade deck you can use the mid ship elevator. We were on the main deck about mid ship and would just walk down the halls on our deck to which ever elevator we wanted. Seemed easiest for us. We enjoyed the cruise very much.

Can anyone tell me if there are shelves around the mirror in the bathroom? I saw a picture of one of the suites and did not see any shelves. If they don't have shelves is there another type of storage or should I get one of those over the door shoe holders?

When we were on the Triumph last March (western) we had an inside room on the Lido deck. There were shelves with a mirrored door like a med cabinet. Lots of storage space.

Can't wait to go back in October!

We were on it in September of 2009 and liked the ship. Our only issue (and we were warned on these message boards before we left) was that it was confusing as the dickens to get around. Even DH, who can find anything, got turned around a couple of times.

You have never been on a Conquest class ship then I assume?? Same same, can't go from aft to foreward on deck 3 and 4. Not hard to remember after a while to me. ... but then Iv also been on Conquest laid out the same a few times.

You have never been on a Conquest class ship then I assume?? Same same, can't go from aft to foreward on deck 3 and 4. Not hard to remember after a while to me. ... but then Iv also been on Conquest laid out the same a few times.

I have been on the conquest twice now out of galveston - is the triumph set up the same way??

Pros: I really like the outside movie screen. Great sitting out under the stars watching movies and concerts. Hopefully the weather will be better for my upcoming cruise in September.

Cons: Stay away from the aft O/V cabins. Horrible noise and vibration 24/7.

Ships tours are the same as every other Carnival ship that goes to the same ports. I don't do ship tours, overpriced, cattle car excursions.

Also agree that it is hard to get around. After 5 days I was still running into dead ends. :eek:

I have been on the conquest twice now out of galveston - is the triumph set up the same way??

Very close. Oxfords on Conquest is Alfreds on Triumph. Where the internet cafe is on Conquest, there is a golf pro on Triumph, and Triumph has a really nice mini golf course on starboad side where Conquest has a ping pong table. Triumph still has a ping pong table on the opposite side, (Conquest has them on both sides deck 12 forward). The internet cafe on Triumph is on the opposite side when you enter Alfred's cigar bar, in the open area you walk thru.

Buffet is half the size, and so the chocolate buffet at lunch the last day is more squashed. Triumph still has the Asian corner, Conquest Asian Corner seems to be mostly closed and now has Mongolian BBQ after dry dock.

conquest has Sur Mer and the pay restaurant, which is just extra seating up there on Triumph.

Both have the big screen. Both have the deli in the same window/location. Slides seem similar

Coffee bar on Triumph is 3 times longer. On Conquest there is a pass thru to the elevator thru there with the future cruise desk on one side. On Triumph FCC desk shares with the shopping talk person near where the sushi cart is.

Conquest is a little longer than Triumph, but the decks are mostly set up the same with the above exceptions that I can think of.

I just got off Triumph last Saturday, 7 day Western. Iv also done the 4 and 5 day on Triumph.

I sailed on the Triumph in February as a first-time cruiser. I thought the ship was very nice, but like another poster said, it's easy to get turned around. A few times I got off the elevator mid-ship only to realize again that I could not get through one way or the other, and had to go to another floor. We were in room 1302 on Riviera deck, and thought it was a nice location. Not much noise either.

We did the Western 5 day, so no help to you on excursions. One thing to remember is that you can book them from the TV in your room, instead of waiting in line at the excursion desk.

The entertainment was very good, I thought. So many options! I really enjoyed the latin band in the cigar bar. It was all so amazing that is was a bit overwhelming. Next time (there MUST be a next time!) there are many more things I would like to try.

The lines at the buffet seemed very long, especially at lunch time, but they move pretty fast. Our sea days were cool and rainy, which I think contributed to the crowded feeling at the lido buffet. No one wanted to be out on deck since the wind was so cold. There are so many food options that I didn't have time to try them all. The Deli had a really good grilled turkey jalepeno wrap. Yum! At least you have 7 days. Maybe you'll cover more territory. We were assigned to late seating in the Upper Paris Dining room, and if you are a smoker it's a nice location as the Oxford (cigar) bar is right across the hall. The smoker in our group enjoyed the convenience.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

I sailed on Triumph out of Norfolk May 2009. It is my new favorite ship. Had my first aft wrap cabin and it was heaven!! Jorge was the CD and he was great. I found the food better in the dining room for breakfast and dinner, but my DH liked the buffet and we had to compromise. Oh well - personal perferences.

I had a great cruise to the Bahamas. We took the Atlantis excursion and would do so again.

Can anyone tell me if there are shelves around the mirror in the bathroom? I saw a picture of one of the suites and did not see any shelves. If they don't have shelves is there another type of storage or should I get one of those over the door shoe holders?

We were on her two weeks ago......Large counter area in the bathroom and a large medicine cabinet with shelves. You'll have plenty of room.

The Deli had a really good grilled turkey jalepeno wrap. Yum! At least you have 7 days. .

I tried that one day for lunch last week and suprised that I really liked it. Sorry, it took me this long to get around to trying it. I usually get the ham and cheese on onion wheat bread grilled, but the wrap was really good with tomatoes and lettuce.

Archived