Carnival Triumph Pro's/Con's

We were on the Triumph in January. We liked the burger/chicken/hot dog grill accross from the pizza bar. It made for a nice quick snack to tide us over until late dining. Piano bar was always to smokey for me, but the non-smoking lounge accross the hall (Venezia Lounge) was great! Also, the back pool and hot tubs were not reserved adult only, but were alway kid free. We had over 100 kids on the cruise but the various activities kept them busy. We only saw 5 kids on board all week until we saw them at their dance party on the last night.

• 7 months later...

We just did Triumph yet again .. I seem to keep finding myself on that ship. Another good cruise except for the cabin we found ourselves in. Dont do aft on first two pax decks.. I mean all the way aft. We had last inside cabin on Riveria this time (not our choice) and I knew it would be noisy, but it exceeded that..

Food and dinner company wonderful and fun as always. debarkation was the best Iv ever had on any ship any cruiseline.

We were on the Triumph in March 2010. It was our first cruise. The bathroom did have a large shelf under the sink for storage and a medicine cabinet. I did enjoy the cruise, it was wonderful for a first time cruise. We really enjoyed the cigar bar, it looked like an old library. The buffet area was crowded but any restaurant in our hometown is crowded in the middle of lunch rush. (I feel like that's life...get over it) The dining room team was wonderful, but our head waiter ALWAYS had BAD BREATH! My boyfriend and I always argued who was going to sit at the end of the booth, neither of us wanted to sit where he would be talking. The shows always filled up early, but we were able to get a seat every time except when we wanted to see the R rated comedian, they were doing Karaoke in lounge first and those people never left their seat. Like I said I did enjoy the ship, but I wanted to try a newer updated ship this time. We are going on the Dream this March 2011.

The ship is nice but has some "infrastructure" problems:

• Two dining rooms results in a "hole" on decks 3 & 4 between the two with no method to escape except "up & over".
  • Deck 5 consequently is pretty congested at peak times. The photographers don't help.
  • No main deck access to the back of the ship. Many ships have a wrap around main deck where one can walk to the back of the ship and forward on the other side. Not Triumph.
  • Only a single buffet serving area, generally a bit busy.
  • They have a buffet dining area on deck 10, but one needs to carry the food up a stairway, it's OK, but not the most efficient.

Not complaints by any means. It's a great ship out of a fantastic port.

We watched the Saints/Washington game last December (2009):)! Totally agree....better than the dome:D! Everyone wearing Saints apparel, everyone yelling DEFENSE (like they could hear us), one of my best cruising experience;). Hopefully we will be watching them in the playoffs on Jan. 23rd!!! GO SAINTS!!!!!

AlRose251 - excuse me for interrupting your rollcall, but I wanted to let you know some of us from the Beads to Beans cruise are booking the NCL Star for October 10, 2012. It sails from NYC to your backyard.

Ship: Norwegian Star

Departs: New York to New Orleans

Departure Date: Oct 21 2012 14 days

...Ports of Call: New York, St. Thomas, Antigua, Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, New Orleans

Cruise fares from:

Inside Oceanview Balcony Suite

$749 $849 $1149 $1449

Rollcall is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1327434

Archived